Las Vegas

Trip Start May 13, 2007
Trip End Jun 03, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Nevada
Monday, May 28, 2007

After taking care of some things around the camper, Uncle Bill and I headed back out. We went shopping at Camper's World and Home Depot. When we got back, we went to Star Trek: The Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton. Uncle Bill and I took a tour of the museum and the 4D Borg ride. We then ate lunch at Quirk's Restaurant. I had a coupon for a mini-warp core. Since it was an alchoalic beverage, Uncle Bill drank it instead. Uncle Bill then went out on the floor while I took another look at the museum. I didn't go on the Klingon ride since I had just ate lunch and thought it not a good idea. We then went back to the camper for a break. It was to late in the afternoon for us to go to the Atomic Bomb Museum.
For the evening I went out on the strip by myself. Uncle Bill dropped me off at Treasure's Island to see their Sirens pirate show. There was so many people that no one could move. They ended up canceling it because of high winds, so I continued on to the next attraction. I walked over to The Mirage Hotel/Casino. There, I watched the falls, ducks, and baby ducks swimming around. The show was shutting down the main falls and creating a volcano. There was flames on different levels of the falls and on top. It was pretty cool (well hot :)). After the show, I headed over to Ceasar's Palace.
I went to Ceasar's Palace to see their moving statues of Atlantis. To kill time I went and got ice cream at the food court. The shopping mall was quite fancy. The show was hard to understand because you couldn't make out everything the statues were saying. The jist of it was it was a party with the leader of Rome and the Gods. There was a lazer show with it to. After the show, I continued to the next attraction, the Bellagio Foutains.
Out of everything on the strip, I think I enjoyed the fountains the most. This show, I took a movie of the whole thing. After the show, I walked across the street to go up the Eiffel Tower to get some night shots from up above. When I finally found where to get tickets, the lady said it was a forty minute wait. Since it was already 11pm, I decided to scratch that idea. I walked back out just in time to catch the ending of another Fountain show from across the street. I found my way back to the other side of the street to watch one more show. This time I just took pictures. After the show, I started my walk back down the strip to where the camper was.
Along the way, I checked out some things as I walked. There was an outdoor bar that was doing a show with flamming bottles. I took pictures of the Venetian Hotel/Casino with its Italian setting. I also took a picture of the Wynn Waterfall. When I was passing the Treasure Island Hotel/Casino, they were having another show. If I tried to cross the street and get to the show I would have missed it. So I watched the show from the opposite side of the road. It was amazing because one ship actually moved a hundred feet or more. The water surrounding each ship must have been deep because the actors dove off the tops of the masts into the water. There were fireworks and pyrotechniques involved with the show. I was impressed. After the show was over, I continued my walk down the strip. There were sometimes that were kind of sketchy, but I made it back to the camper safely. I was very tired from all that walking.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: