Trip Start Feb 11, 2007
Trip End ??? ??, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Singapore  ,
Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hello everyone,
I made it, yeah!  The weather is hot, I have no idea what I have been eating for the past two days, and I love it. I am currently in Malaysia, but I will give you a little breakdown of the past few days.
I left Melbourne on the morning of the 19th and made it to Perth by about 12:00.  My flight to Singapore didn't leave until 9:00pm, so I worked myself downtown and walked around to get an idea of city, as I will be spending a few days there at the end of my trip.  On first sight, Perth is a pretty hip place; lots of cafes and chic boutiques and a definite laid back attitude.  The weather was cool, warmer than Melbourne, but cool, but the people all seemed pretty happy and friend.  I basically just walked around, rode on the busses and took a few trips on the ferries.  It was a nice little respite in between flights. I then worked myself back to the airport and got ready for the night flight with Tiger Airlines...Roar!
The flight was uneventful, which is a good thing. I managed to catch an hour of sleep or so, but was soon awoken by the captains's 'prepare for landing' announcement.  I might add that our flight landed at 3:00am in Singapore.  I can't say it was the most desirable time to land, but it was cheap, and that was good enough for me. I worked my way through customs and caught a few more hours of sleep in the terminal.  Quite comfy, really.

Around 7:30 or so, I cleaned myself up a bit and took the train into town. 

As I got off the train, I walked to the closest market to get a bite to eat, as I was waiting in line for something I cannot pronounce, I was greeted by a young Singaporean couple in front of me who asked if I would like to join them for breakfast.  Quite nice people.  i found out he studied at Carnegie Mellon and that she also studied at the University of Melbourne.  They even have friends in Erie, Pa.  it was a pleasant start to what I think will be a great trip.

I spent the rest of the morning touring around Chinatown and picking up some supplies, not too much, though.  I am relatively light for this trip.  My trusty backpack clocked in at 8kg at the airport.  Plenty of extra room for souvenirs...

I checked into my hostel around mid afternoon and went back out to hit the streets.  I crossed the Singapore River to check out Little India and tried to catch a few more sights. Singapore is quite a place.  It is just jam packed full of buildings and people, with each little ally way offering something new.  my favorite is the live eels!

By the time I made it back to the hostel, I was tired and sweaty, but I had a big big  smile on my face and a bus ticket to Melaka, Malaysia....

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: