Trip Start Jan 17, 2011
Trip End Dec 16, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Fiji  , Western,
Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Well if it wasn't bloody raining when we woke up the next morning!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! We had a really nice chilled out day though, just reading and relaxing.  Surprisingly we were up, out and about nearly every day in Oz and NZ so is it nice to have a bit of a 'holiday’.  It was a gorgeous day the next day though so we spent a day in the sun, topping up the very faded tan.  We met the diving instructor and some other people and that night and after dinner we joined Alex (the dive guy) and Danny (who said he was the fishing guy but who turned out to be the owner).  A girl was leaving the island and so it was her farewell night.  We ended up playing some drinking games and drinking Bounty rum ‘taki’ style.   Basically one guy is the taki master and he has a jug (in this case of bounty and coke).  He pours a shot glass full and hands it around.  When it gets to your turn you have to drink it ‘no sipping, no stopping’.  Well to start with there was 6 of us drinking these shots.  Over the course of the night there was about ten of us in total and between us we polished off 3 litres of Bounty!!  No wonder we were hammered.  I went to bed at 1.30am where I promptly threw up.  Mick stayed up for a bit and ended up in the sea, whilst Oscar (a mad bloke from Brisbane) was found at 7.00am passed out on the beach!!  Surprisingly we made it to breakfast but then went back to bed for a couple of hours.  Felt so much better when I woke up the second time though and so we went to the pool for a couple of hours and caught up on last night’s stories.  After dinner I had a nice long Skype chart with Dad and Ali before catching up on some sleep.  Felt right as rain the next day and so we went down to the pool as the weather was awesome!!  As Alex didn’t have a lot on we decided to go diving in the afternoon so after sorting out paperwork and getting kitted out, we headed out on the boat to Wonderwall.  I felt a bit nervous as it had been a while but once I was in it was fab and the coral wall was stunning.  We even saw three turtles which was cool!!  We were going to do a second dive but Mick got cold so instead we went for an obligatory après dive beer......and then the Bounty came out again!! I purposefully didn’t drink as much tonight which was good and we had met some more awesome people, including one girl called Dee (who did a me and threw up!!), two Irish girls and two girls from Melbourne.  We felt a little iffy the next day but not too bad.  I couldn’t believe it though when at 10.00am Dee started on the cocktails!!  As it was raining again we couldn’t do much so instead we watched films, played Jenga and chatted.  I just hope the weather is better tomorrow!! 
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: