Granada, the alhambra and alicante
Trip Start May 12, 2005
79Trip End May 14, 2006
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- felt similar to seville and almost as touristy; also lots of americans studying spanish
- running out of time...only two nights.
- camped near the bus station, little bit out of the action, but good to crack out the tent.
- the alhambra was the focus, but had a great walk around the old moorish neighbourhood on the hill opposite the alhambra complex; stunning backdrop provided by the snow-capped sierra nevada range.
- alhambra is a must see....packed with people....but really is an amazing piece of art/architecture...
- didn't sample too much food, cooked at the campsite, but definitely looked like a place to eat, drink and be merry.
- bus onto alicante, our flying out point...
- not such a bad place, only had an afternoon and then the following morning.
- strolled around the old quarter and waterfront.
- spectacular fort high up overlooking the town.
- great municiple market we found the after we'd done our cooking in the pension.
- nice, cheap, friendly pension, had a bit of a doggy odour unfortunately.
- 22 degrees on the day we flew out; beatifull....
- greeted by drizzle and a 2 degree afternoon in london, but Eric (mark's cousin) picked us up from the airport, great to see him and great to be in london (minus the weather).