Rainy day blues...
Trip Start May 12, 2005
79Trip End May 14, 2006
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- mario in the tourist office was exceedingly helpfull
- bit of a haul to get here, but the train trip was pretty scenic (maybe our hopes were too high)
- awesome value accomodation, food a little bit of a problem, trying to keep it cheap, but things were just passable
- great walk down to the beach, got lost in the salt ponds along the way
- beatiful beach; would be crazy town in summer
- lots and lots of camper vans, some of them as big as trucks and many of them with dogs!!!!
- took a tour on our second day, really lovely guide, gave us a wonderfull insight into Tavira's history; especially the Moorish aspects.
- As in many of the towns around southern portugal/spain, the major churches are built on top of mosques.
- after two nights here we were ready to move on and head back into spain.....