Trip Start Mar 21, 2010
Trip End Mar 16, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Janet's place

Flag of Australia  , Queensland,
Sunday, March 21, 2010

We have just spent last 5 days here in Brisbane. We celebrated my sister Janet and Andrew's wedding and it was nice to be a part of it as her matron of honour.  The day went by so quickly, a beautiful ceremony down by Suttons Beach in Redcliffe and then the reception at Sails on the beach. Everyone looked great and Jasmine looked devine.  She has grown so much since we last saw her, she was ever so beautiful on the wedding day.  A windy ceremony but it was so nice to see my sister so happy and beautiful in her wedding dress. The night went ever so quickly with great family and friends, delicious buffet dinner and yummy desserts. 

We are now chilling out for a few hours preparing to make our way to the Brisbane International Airport tonight. We leave Brisbane at 11.45pm tonight.  Its not good timing to be feeling sick but hopefully with a decent sleep in the next day or two I will be feeling better.  I am feeling rather anxious but it really has NOT hit me yet and Troy feels the same.  It really feels like we are just going for a normal two week holiday.  I think it will hit us when we arrive in Hanoi.

We arrived at the Brisbane International Airport about 8:15pm and went to check in at the Singapore Airlines desk.  We were way too early as they weren't even open yet. After waiting a while and checking out the airport which was very quiet we checked it.  My first impression of Singapore Airlines wasn't too great.  The young guy at the counter well he wasn't giving us a great impression of good customer service.  As he was plugging into the computer we heard the guy next to him give his customer the normal spill about 'have you packed your luggage yourself?" and have 'any sharps' etc, you know the normal questions you get.  Well our guy turns to us and said "Did you hear that?", Mary said "Yeah, is it so you don't have to ask us" and he nodded.  I thought you lazy shit, he couldn't be bothered asking us the normal security questions, you know we could of been the ones carrying dangerous goods and got away with it, lucky we are the honest ones.  We thought geez not very professional if you ask us.

We boarded our flight and left about 15 mins late.  The audio system wasn't working so no-one could watch tv or listen to music.... not a big deal I suppose!  We got fed and then everyone went to sleep except for me of course (Mary), the insomiac.  We arrived in Singapore and made our way to Terminal 2 to get our connecting flight.  We looked around the airport and then went shopping for a video camera and took some photos.  The humidity outside was fogging up my lense cap so it was hard to take photos out on the balcony.  Before you know it was time to board our flight even though we waited 5 hours.  All good - we get on.  Next minute we get told that there is a problem with two toilets only working so we have to change planes.  We ended up getting off and waiting another 2.5 hrs before we took off.  Not happy when you are dead tired and cannot sleep and just over it.  I think people weren't too happy as they weren't obeying calls to line up when your seat numbers were called, everyone just wanted to get on.  We didn't get a great impression of Singapore Airlines so we don't know what all the fuss is about with this airline. Hopefully our flight from Bangkok to Rome will be better. 

We finally boarded our plane and left Singapore bound for Hanoi, Vietnam.

Report as Spam


Jeff Swan on

Hope you guys are feeling better. Hanoi was a favourite of mine enjoy. happy travelling

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: