Heat, storms and mosquitos
Trip Start Jun 04, 2008
11Trip End Jun 24, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
The trip home was fairly uneventful. After every step we would count out how many more we had left so I'll just number them out for you.
1. Taxi from Hodgson's to Darlington Train station
2. Train from Darlington to Newcastle
3. Metro train from Newcastle station to airport
4. Flight from Newcastle to Dusseldorf
5. Taxi to Air Hotel Wartburg, where we stayed for the night. At first they had us in this room in the back building that wasn't so clean but we got a clean room in the front building eventually.
6. Taxi back to Dusseldorf Airport.
7. Flight from Dusseldorf to Atlanta. 10 hours. Not cool. I did get to sit next to this guy from Germany who was going to Memphis to visit his former host family. He pointed out when we were flying over Greenland so I got a cool picture.
8. 4 hour layover in Atlanta. We found out later that Rachel, my cousin who has spent the last year in Colombia, was probably having her layover in Atlanta at the same time as us. Except she was flying to Chicago instead of Wichita and flys in to Wichita tonight.
9. Flight to Wichita. We sat in the very back of the plane near this older couple from Manchester who were visiting their grandkids in Andover. They told us we HAVE to see "chester" on our next UK trip.
10. Grandpa drove us to Newton in our lovely large car.
This is definitely my last post so I just wanted to thank the Schepers and the Hodgsons for taking such good car of us on this trip. We were thinking about it and decided that if we didn't have those connections there was no way this trip would have been possible. We are infinitely spoiled by your friendship and hope we can do the same for you on your next trip to the States. Thanks also to everyone for reading and not leaving me hate messages, even when I put up a not-so-good picture of you (amelie).