Stockholm- Goodbyes and town hall

Trip Start Jul 12, 2009
Trip End Jul 26, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Sweden  ,
Saturday, July 25, 2009

Another early morning, another day of touring.

I had all of my stuff packed up and ready to go, and made my way down to Sjökvists. I assumed that they would not be getting back untill Sunday night, not very very early Saturday, so when I got a call the night before from Annika telling me that they were on their way back, I was surprised. I was dreading having to say goodbye, again. I took down some of the gifts that I had brought for them. I was glad to hear that they all really enjoyed their camping trip, the overall mood in the house was sleepy, but happy. When it finally came time to leave, it was very sad to say goodbye, and I couldn't help the tears from coming. I just had to hope that it would not be long untill I got to see them all again, I am sure that that day will come again soon. Annika joked that at least this time was not as chaotic as last time, saying goodbye on the side of the highway as the taxi driver sits there watching.

After a very sad start to the day, I had to try and compose myself for further sightseeing in Stockholm. Eventually I found myself outside the city hall, waiting to take a guided tour of the inside, the only way to see the city hall. It was a really interesting tour, I didn't know that there was a room they called the gold room, the walls all contained gold. It was interesting, a little tacky in some points, I thought, but an interesting room in general. After walking down that stairs that the nobel prize winners walk down, I got into the extremely long line to go up into the viewing tower. The line switched between moving slowly and quickly, but that could have also been helped by the two extremely loud people who decided to speak very loudly in French and eat very loudly the entire time. I could not have gotten up into that tower soon enough. The view, again, was amazing. This is the second time that I had gone up in there, but last time the weather was not nearly as nice. 

After spending the afternoon shopping and buying souvenirs we met up with Ingrid and found a wonderful little Indian place for supper. There was some sort of festival taking place in the park right beside Ingrids apartment building, but I was already all out of energy for the day. I decided  just to make it an early night, tomorrow was going to be a very long day.  
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: