Sunday, August 12th 2007

Trip Start Aug 11, 2007
Trip End Aug 20, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Arizona
Monday, August 13, 2007

Our day started ou t at a sunny 6:20am. Dad was already awake when the wake up call sounded but we were both officialy up and at him at about 6:25.Afetr we got dressed and cleaned and woke up we headed down for our continental breakfast at 7:15. Dad ate one piece of whole wheat bread, bacon and eggs and  yogurt. I ate one piece of whole wheat bread, yogurt and a small muffin. It was simple but really yummy! we decided to head out at about 8:30 because the tram (small shuttle like thing) to the bear canyon trail at 900. We got there and took off for the Sabino Canyons ( after a severe warning about mountain lion activity and tendency to attack on humans) in search of the seven falls on the bear canyon trail. The hike started out with instint sweating under the hot sun.It was on a small path that forced youto be climbing over rocks and bouldersall the time. there were many times when we were standing on the edge of a clifff because the path was only 2 feet wide at times) Every so often we got to hop on stones to get over smalls rivers on the bottum of the canyon. It was insainly gorgoues to say the least!!! It was a beautiful hike that was moderatly hard but the hot sun made it slightly brutal. When we got to the seven falls you realize why youput yourself through such an endevor in the insain  heat.  it took two hours.There are seven falls that collect in a pool at the bottom. Dad and i both walked in the water for a while. I even climed up a rock hill to the pool of water above. It was crzy gorgoues to say the absolute least. I ate a peach but was too hot to eat my power bars and dad ate plums a power bar cookie and bar. We stayed theer for about an hour and i was sad to see it go. It was like being on a differnt planet. The walk back was easier because it was mostly down hill but still hard because it was hotter(it was 12:00) and there were still many rocks to climb over. dad even  got a bad hamstring cramp.During the last hour dad and i were silent because we both hit a wall (not literally) afetr the two of us ran out of water. We were both extremly tired and slightly dehydrated. When  we FINALLY got t o the tram waiting area 30 mins early dad and i wre feeling so tireded and hot we sat down on the ground even tough theer were a few pieces of glass (dont wory just two or so) I ve never been so glad to see a stranger as i was when i say the tram and driver pull up. It was all in all a absolutly amazing time and totally worth it but dad and i crashed. we got some cold drinks and food anad headed to our room. We both ate our salads (dad patatoe and me macaroni) and dranks lots of fliud and both instintly perked up . We got back to the motel at around 300. The hike was 3 and a half hours long. Afetr our snacks we decided we should head to the nearest mall and shop till we droppped (or until the stores closed at 6:00 haha). I got 2 new pairs of dark jeans from american eagle and a tee shirt and i even got a cool black top(dad thinks its a pregnency top :) ). dad did some looking around for other things too (secrets HAHA). we were theer for about 1 and a half hours then the stores closed! It was fun to just do something low key for a while. We came home had some ceaser salad and are vegging. We wish that you and heidi were here we love you both!!!! stay tuned for our trip to mount Lemmon tomorrow and our lunch triptp MEXICO !!!!!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: