Easter on Grand Isle

Trip Start Mar 10, 2012
Trip End Aug 11, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Louisiana
Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 7 - by Madison

Today we drove to Grand Isle. We left at about 10:00 and then got there at 1:00. When we got there we went to play on the beach.  At first I didn't like the beach because it was really smelly.  After I got in the water I realized that the water was only going to come up to my knees.  The waves were so small; a baby would like this beach because everything is baby sized.   We played in the water for about five minutes and then I decided that I wanted to have my Mom come in - bad idea.  When I got her to come in she was running around like a 3-year-old and then she would do a belly-flop in the water.  She was being really embarrassing, and on top of all that she was screaming which made everybody stare.  I got out of the water and made a sandcastle and acted like I didn’t know her.   When Katelyn, Emma and my Mom came out of the water I finished my sand castle and they started one.  Then my Dad came back with food for us.  We sat on the mat that he brought and then we went back into the water.  Then Katelyn and I went into the water to look for hermit crabs.   We found some and then we put them on my Mom.  They were crawling all over her; it was really funny because she would tell us to stop touching her.  She finally realized that the hermit crabs were on her.  She washed off the sand toys and then she decided it was time to go back.  I decided to go with her because I wanted to take a shower and then get back so I could get back and cook dinner.   When we were done taking showers we went back and then Katelyn, Emma and my Dad came back.  My dad made the dinner.  After dinner we colored eggs for Easter and then we went to bed. 

April 8 - by Emma

Today I woke up, and it was Easter!!!!!!! The first thing I did was walk in the back to see my parents. My dad told me to go back to bed for a little bit, but I was too excited. Then I went to the kitchen I saw that the Easter bunny came and gave us a kite and a chocolate bunny. When everybody was awake we did the egg hunt. The eggs were even in the shoes. I got 18 eggs. Some of the eggs were hared boiled eggs, and some were stuffed. The ones that were stuffed had peeps, jelly beans, and Cadbury eggs. Four of the eggs even had money in them! Madison got all four eggs. She was being very nice, and even gave me a dollar. Next I gave Madison and Katelyn my presents. Madison gave me bubbles, and a bunny. Katelyn gave Madison bubbles. Then we went outside, and played with our new bubbles and chalk. Next my dad took the bike out. My mom wanted to go fishing, but Madison, and Katelyn didn’t want to go. So my mom said whoever went they would get a Popsicle. Madison and Katelyn finally said ok. When we went outside we found out we couldn’t go fishing because there were no hooks on the poles. Dad was the only one who could get hooks on the poles. So instead we went to the beach. There we only found one hermit crab. When my dad came to the beach he brought the kite. The kite was really fun to fly. My favorite thing to do was pull the string back, and fourth to make the kite go side to side. Then we went fishing because dad was here. I went out on the kayak with my dad we rowed all the way to the Gulf of Mexico. We had to carry the boat around rocks, and I got bit so many times. I felt like I was an early explorer. On our way back I was pooped. I thought I deserved to get at least one fish. When we got to the dock I was pooped, and hungry. My mom took me to the shower house. Then we went back in the RV to eat dinner. I had a veggie burger, and potatoes. It was good. Then I went to bed.

April 9 - by Emma

Today felt like a really fast day. We woke up and drove my mom to the airport. On the way we stopped at a restaurant. I got mac and cheese with fries. I was really hungry so I gulped it down. Then when we got to the airport we dropped off my mom. Then we drove to Walmart. On the drive we stopped and got strawberries. When we got to Walmart we went in. Then we went back out, and ate dinner. Next we watched a movie called Cyber Bully. I was a bit annoyed that the i-pad didn’t do a good job loading. I hope we can watch the rest of it tomorrow.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Xiu on

Emma did not mentioned that we had 5 fishing poles going for about 4 hours. However we did not get even a fish. Grand Isle is supposed to be the place the fish. In the morning, when we went to the dock, we saw a man cleaning the dozen fish he caught. So for sure I thought I would get a fish for Easter dinner. No luck. An older couple who was also fishing at the same pier (for about 6 hours or so) did catch a pretty nice sized flounder and gave that to us. That was really nice! The man who caught the 12 big fish in the morning came back in the early evening. However, he also did not get any fish after 2 hours. One of these days, I want to catch me a big one!!!

mcgovern on

All you ever think about is your kitchen and fishing!
From, Emma



Wendy on

Are your guys in the Wal Mart frequent buyer club or anything?

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: