Day 100!

Trip Start Aug 17, 2013
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Peru  ,
Saturday, November 23, 2013

We arrived in Arequipa at about 2am and jumped in a taxi. We have learned a few things about taxi drivers here... They always tell you that the place you want to go to is either closed, or they take you to entirely different places altogether because they get commission for taking people there. We told the bloke we had a reservation at a place (we didn't) but anyway he took us to 4 different hostels before finally taking us to the right one after we got fed up with him. Luckily the hostel we wanted had some space and we checked in for the night. We had a nap then woke up and realized our Loki crew had come in on a later bus and had stayed somewhere else so we changed hostels.

After realising that today was my 100th day away from home i felt like celebrating a bit. We walked around the centre of town for a bit and got some money out, Leah, Tim, Zoe, Sarah, Jenny and I went out for lunch. We heard there was a place in town that served cider so we went to go and find some. We ended up eating at the restaurant that didn't serve cider but we found out where it was so Tim and I went and got some. I waited 100 days without cider and if I can help it, I'll never wait that long again!

Lunch was hilarious. I ordered grilled trout which was delicious but the skin tasted gross so I tempted Tim with a bite. He put the whole thing in his mouth and within a matter of seconds, threw up on the floor. Jenny was victim number two who by choice snorted a line of cayenne pepper and spent the next 10 minutes crying and spiting in the garden. It was all topped off by someone calling Leah a cute little brown girl ... She's American

We went back to the town square and bought some bird seed to feed all of the pigeons there which turned into a fun ordeal. I laid down on the floor and got bird seed poured all over me but for some reason they were more interested in eating the seed from the little boys hands than off my crotch. Those birds didn't know what they were missing out on.

We went back to the hostel and then went out for a Mamut burger which was recommended to me. It hit the spot that's for sure! We went and had a few drinks in the bar at wild rover where we stayed, but went to bed pretty early. The problem with Arequipa hostels is their proximity to Colca canyon so without fail, you are gonna be woken up at 3am by some inconsiderate dick who is going trekking and didn't pack his bag the night before. Worst nights sleep since leaving home.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: