Trip Start Oct 04, 2004
102Trip End Ongoing
Show trip route
Many of you know Dave (Souse dave) from my old days in Cyprus. He'd always wanted to come over for a holiday and finally got around to booking the flights early last year. The only problem was back then I was young, free, single and jobless and was more than happy to travel up the east coast for 6 weeks. Unfortunately, during the time beyween between booking flights and coming over, I found a job, got sponsered, found a girlfriend and signed a year long lease. I really didnt have the option of taking 6 weeks off.
Dave, understandably was gutted, but after much persuasion came over anyway, resigned to fact he would see the coast by himself. After much planning though ( I should have been a travel agent) I managed to sort out his 5 weeks out so that he would be in a place I could fly to every Friday night. Over the next month I would be flying to Sydney, Whitsundays and the Gold Coast! Damn i'm nice!
So at 5am, I picked up a hyper scouser from the airport and drove him back to mine. The next 5 weeks was a blur or alcohol and late nights.... Here are a few highlights...
· Took Dave to the imfamous Neighbours night with Russ, our new flatmate. In a building with 80% women, Dave manages to pick up 2 gay guys and even swaps phone numbers with them?!
· Flew up to Sydney together so that Dave could meet Jo. Hired a car and drove to the Blue Mountains.
· Took him to a great Sydney lookout.
· Booked him onto a 5 day surfing tour, from Sydney to Byron Bay. At the beginning it was leaving a child at school on his first day. By the end he had made lots of new friends!
· After he did Fraser Island, me and Jo flew up to the Whitsundays to meet him. As we expected, he had made lots of new friends and ignored us all night! (joke Dave)
· Did a brilliant 3 day sailing trip on a maxi Yacht, the ones they use in the Round the World competitions.
· Headed to the Gold Coast for Daves last weekend, and to his delight, had come on the Indy 3000 weekend, so we had 2 days and night of V8 and formula 3000 cars racing through the streets of the Gold Coast. (unforunately lost all of these photos, if Dave sends them to me i'll stick them online.)