Day 8 - Tallinn, Estonia (a nice surprise)
Trip Start May 15, 2009
20Trip End May 29, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- Impressed from the start. Tallinn's Old Town has been kept to its traditional buildings and is really pretty. Lots of coloured buildings, stonework, cathedrals.
- Remains of the town's walls & towers are scattered around the place.
- Signs in English were of great assistance. Sun was out during the entire visit.
- Managed to see everything in only a few hours & even managed to find a lookout across the city without actually searching for the lookout.
- Matt got a hat and was very happy.
- Spent the afternoon (after leaving port) in Skywalkers watching the ocean and the rain coming down.
- Dinner in DaVinci's restaurant once again. No rabbit on menu for Matt but Veal Scaloppini was very nice. No dessert as we went to the Ice cream Bar for a milkshake and ice cream before heading to the theatre to watch 'I've got the music' - which we had also watched aboard the Sapphire Princess (which had the better performance). It was still enjoyable. We gain another hour back tonight which is great and needed. Tomorrow we don't have to meet until 9.45am - so much better than 7am (St.Petersburg) or even this morning (leaving early to make sure we got back to the ship by 12.30pm.
- The usually placid ocean was not quite as calm today, and the ship was noticeably moving around. It wasn't unmanageable, but slightly unsettling at times as it makes one feel dizzy and unbalanced.
- We were lucky with the weather again - the morning was lovely sunshine whilst we wandered the winding streets of Tallinn, and the rain didn't arrive until we were safely aboard our floating palace.