What a month!!!!

Trip Start Dec 2008
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
still in Corning

Flag of United States  , New York
Friday, November 28, 2008

What a month!!
First let me preface the following post with everyone is ok. However everything is not.

So as yens know we are in the process of moving to Vegas. So I will start from the begininng. This all started with we want you in San Diego in three weeks. *marv panics* ok so I got to finish getting the truck ready to drive across the country and get the house packed. B-J is taking care of the moving truck arrangements and Michelle is going to go down the next weekend and find us a house. Well then two things happened. First in his companies infinite wisdom they send him out of state for work. Which leaves me to pack the whole house by myself *marv panics* nothing left to do but call in re-enforcements. Since we have few friends up here and none that I could call on for that kind of work *marv sighs* I called my  mother. So two weekends in a row of mom and vic up here. As Beej gets home and we are getting the truck ready to load he gets a phone call. Wait stop everything you are moving to Vegas not SD *marv resigns himself at least it is warm there*

Ok no big deal Michelle hasn't made it to San Diego yet so she changes things to go to Vegas to look for housing. Michelle Rocks and finds us a great house in one day!!! Ok so now we load the truck. That went relatively well we hired some local help and they loaded faster than I could get things ready to go out the door. Unfortunately they didn't load to the top of the truck so now all of our stuff won't fit and we have to call and beg the moving company to let us ship there ramp seperately. Which as it turns out was not a problem *finally something goes right* . Ok so we have the truck until wednesday morning so Tuesday I spent making custom boxes for our plants. Which apparently did not do their designed for job to well according to Beej the plants don't look so good. *Marv sighs but can deal*.

Ok so plants are on the truck now it is time to deal with the fish. So I got a shipping cooler from the pet store. I then made a box with lots of padding that the cooler could fit into. Then I bagged the fish and put them in wide mouthed one gallon jugs so that even if the box got squished Fred and Ted would be protected. So I even look up on the internet the postal codes so that they won't give us shit about sending them. Well we get to the post office just before 5 on monday and of course they give us shit. And of course we have new policies to deal with and new paperwork and holy shit it took forever. But a small fortune later and Fred and Ted are on their way to Vegas.

Then I decide to have a moving sale to make some money off the stuff we aren't taking. Well that was a complete waste of a weekend. And totally not worth it.

Then there was the whole thing of flying May and Beej to vegas. Which from my perspective went realtively well. I am sure beej may tell you differently since I was texting him like crazy cause I was scared out of my mind. But May and Beej make it to Vegas without a hitch.
Ok so now everyone is in Vegas but Me. Beej and May arrived Tuesday evening Right after Fred and Ted. The truck arrived on Wednesday just as scheduled. Beej went and got Fred and Ted Wednesday morning. Michelle arrived Wednesday evening. Ok so WEdnesday morning in Vegas wasn't bad at least not that I know of.

But Wednesday here was another story. I started the day by loading the truck to take the recycling over to the dump. There was a large box in the garage with frozen wet cardboard that we had put down so that we didn't totally kill the grass while loading the truck. So I was backing up to the garage to get it when I heard a crunch. It seems I left the cap door open and rammed it into the top of the garage and fucked it all kinds of ways up. *marv panics and screams* But the glass on the door was NOT broken. So I pull the truck up and take it all apart and beat on it. Then I have to go buy tools cause of course all mine are in Vegas already. I finally get it all back together but now I have to stay until friday so I can take the recycling over and run the rest of the last minute errands. Then I find out wednesday afternoon that Fred didn't survive the trip. So our 9 inch long had for four years gold fish has now passed away. I am really sad about this. A lot more than I thought I would be over a fish. But I will miss him yelling at us for dinner and dancing in the bubbles. *marv sighs but nothing I can do now*

Ok so I spend thursday getting the rest of the truck ready for the trip putting the last of the curtains up in the back of the truck and trying to get the cap warm enough that I can reseal the fix from wednesday. After I get it all swept out at the car wash and the truck is all washed up I decide to move one screw on the new braces I had to install from the fix wednesday. I had to move this screw so that the curtains could close properly. Well when I did that I shattered the glass on the cap door. *marv panics screams throws things and then just sits down and cries* laughing just wasn't working anymore. So nothing I can do about that now at 6 pm on thanksgiving. So I just load the truck with the rest of the recycling and hope I can find a place to fix it in the morning. Oh and this town is so small that even the chinese place closed on thanksgiving. Thank the gods for Denny's you know you get really fast service when there are only two people in an entire restaurant

I get inside and get settled and text Michelle to let her and Beej know what the game plan is for me, only to find out that she has just slid on the wet pavement and wrecked her car. *marv screams and kicks* Her car is now not drivable. Then the cops gave her a ticket for "failure to pay full attention to the road" hows that for a total bullshit charge? .

Ok so I am about to make phone calls to try and get a piece of glass to fix my truck. Please hope, pray, send good thoughts or whatever you do that I can do this today cause otherwise I think I am going to loose my mind once and for all.
So that is what making a cross country move has been like from my perspective. Since everyone I know is busy the internet gets my vent. And you fortunate souls get to read it. Ok off to make phone calls.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: