Day 28: Clinic update

Trip Start Dec 26, 2012
Trip End Jan 29, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Cambodia  , Siem Reap,
Thursday, January 24, 2013

Today...we made the hard decision. Our trip is coming to an end early. We will be returning on Saturday instead of Tuesday to nurse Tori back to health with some good old Canadian FREE health care!

Tori was very ill all night and so we went to the hospital we had visited earlier on. They ran a bunch of tests and gave her an IV with antibiotics. Tests results came back saying she had some sort of bacterial infection making her ill. We stayed for the day, and after a bunch of IVs and a lot of poking, prodding and monitoring was released at around 5 pm.

She's still not feeling well, although better then this morning, so we are going to stay the night then catch the first flight tomorrow to Bangkok. We are trying to move our flights home to tomorrow night if possible. The doctors told us she is still sick and should go back to Canada and not continue to travel. Our insurance company should cover the extra costs. (Uncle Rob, it was smart to bring a trained doctor with you on your trip here... Something for us to think about next time.. Haha)

Unfortunately we missed out on almost all of Cambodia, but we are going to try not to let it put a damper on the trip as a whole. We will keep everyone updated as we go.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: