Trip Start Apr 29, 2006
70Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
In the 30 degree sticky heat of Guangzhou, coat-master-coat's absence was received well, especially during the constant trekking around in the search for a hotel and train tickets. Frankly, my time in Guangzhou - all 1 day of it - was not the greatest time ever. All's well that ends well however, and, being unable to procure train tickets to Yangshuo, I settled for a 14 hour bus ride, followed by a stay in an overpriced hotel. I guess that's what you get for choosing to travel when 1.3 billion chinese are also on holiday.
So, to the Top 5. Well, I know I promised that the 1st entry from a new country would be music related. But, well, technically, China is not a new country as I have already been here on this trip and, in the state of Mark, there is a complete unification of powers. Therefore, a music-related top 5 is not required in this case. Therefore, a cop out top 5 in the circumstances - top 5 moments in Guangzhuo. By the following, you will realise that my time in Guangzhou was entirely mundane.
5. Hot showers - How good are hot showers?
4. Cold showers - you know what's better than hot showers in sticky humid heat?
3. Realising that I could catch a bus straight to Yangshuo rather than getting to Yangshuo via Guilin. Brilliant...
2. Sleeping in a bed - although I do dearly love Chris' floor...
1. Seeing Joe Cole seal the English Premier League Championship for Chelsea on the TV in my hotel room.
I'm off to Yangshuo...