New Addition...

Trip Start Aug 20, 2008
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  ,
Sunday, August 24, 2008

During my recuperation / recovery from the Op, I've obivously had a lot of time on my hands, and while not always sitting in front of the TV (yes, most of the time, not not all...) I was on the net looking to see if the perfect wee doggie was out there waiting for us.

After a couple of potentials and emails back and forth, we came across a little pup called Jaffa, thought to be a Kelpie, Boxer cross. He was very, very cute, described as being very good with other dogs and children, so we decided to go and have a look. Friday was the day and off the two of us went to check him out. A chat to the foster family and a little walk with him and we were sold. Amazingly from there on it moved very quickly - they phoned me and said that if we were still keen the pup was ours and after arranging a house visit from S.A.F.E. to check out our property for dog suitability, we were left with a Saturday to buy doggie stuff and then arranging a time on Sunday to pick the wee man up.

We'd decided (after a lot of serious and not so serious discussions!) on the re-naming of 'Jasper,' - not an easy job - God help having to pick out a childs name! Heh, heh, heh...

He made it home on the Sunday morning, but not before having a pit of a panic attack in the back of the car and a couple of bouts of bladder weakness (luckily we'd thought ahead with a tarp and rug to protect Soph's car!)

Once home we let him scope out the place (a few strong barks at the 'dog' in the mirror on the stairs had us thinking that it was best to keep him on the lower floor!) and then out for his first walk.

The week was spent taking lots of walks and meeting lots of other dogs and their very social owners on the Britannia Oval behind the house. Training seems to be taking time, with sitting, waiting and even towards the end of the week, returning when called, all working most of the time...

The end of his first week drew to a close with a very fun visit to Wendy's house to see Podger (the chocolate lab) and Alfie (the beagle) which he loved despite some serious rough-housing, and a visit to our place from Sarah, Pete and their labradoodle Leroy. At the end of all that he's lying passed out downstairs with no energy left!

He's even made guest appearances on my usual Sunday phone calls to Mum and Dad so they've seen how cute he is, and mostly well behaved!

Sure there'll be 'incidents' along the way, but we've got ourselves a great little dog who'll hopefully have lots of fun years with us ahead of him!

Has there been anything else happening other than the dog?!? Probably, but it's been a bit of a blur! Legs are healing up nicely, and so is Sophs leg after her op - we're like the walking wounded! Think I may have found a new car as well so will have more on that soon, and a week on Monday I start my new job with PumpTools / RMS... All go!

Because of our dodgy legs, both of us missed this Sunday's City To Surf race, but we were there supporting everyone else, with Jason, Sam, Jon, Phoebe all taking part. I also say Sara and Mary from Boot Camp running past and the girls from Young Chiro (where I get my back fixed every month!!!) That race of course had to be concluded with a full cooked breakfast at The Ox Cafe, and then a couple of pints at the Oxford Hotel... All good!

So, that's about it, just a week of preparation for the new job, with some puppy training and other fun stuff in between.

Better enjoy this last week of freedom before I rejoin the working classes... :o(
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: