Thursday 7 August

Trip Start Apr 13, 2008
Trip End Oct 27, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Washington
Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thursday 7th August
We arrived in Idaho this morning and put the clocks back onto Pacific time so we have now regained the 4 hours we lost going the other way!  So with another hour added to our day we continued our westward journey.  We drove past a massive Glacial lake called Lake Pend Oreille. Then we headed southwest to Spokane which is across the border into Washington.  This is the first time we have entered the same state twice and signals the end of our trip looming.
We were all feeling a bit jaded today as we have been doing a lot and having some late nights.  It seemed hard to make any decisions and it was very hot again so we went into a massive mall and went shopping for the afternoon. This was a nice change from all the sightseeing and rough camping and felt like a return to the real world. It was also lovely and cool in the mall. We bought a few bits and pieces and met up for a delicious stir fry dinner in the food hall!
My poor mouth was still swollen and sore so I have been suffering a bit this week.  Pain killers have been keeping me going when it gets bad but I hope that the pain will start to subside soon.
We couldn't decide where to park for the night so we drove to Walmart and decided we would stay there. However it was baking hot and it was only 7.30 pm so we decided to find a laundry somewhere and get that all done before returning to Walmart later when it would be a bit cooler.
We found a great laundry but we were nearly too late as it was closing at 9pm. We did 2 loads very fast and got it all dry by 9pm on the dot! 
We drove back to Walmart where we sussed out the best spot to park which always takes us a few minutes.  There were about 3 other RV's there too. It was still miles too hot so we had to get the 12 volt fan out to help the kids get to sleep. Once they had dropped off we took it and managed to get to sleep too. It was a very quiet car park and we all had a good sleep. It had cooled off considerably by the middle of the night and in the morning it was a much more reasonable temperature.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: