What ever happens in Bali

Trip Start Aug 15, 2006
Trip End Jul 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  ,
Friday, November 3, 2006

Well I wasn't quite right in the last entry with what I said about Bali. There actually did happen some wierd, fun and also not so nice stuff.
Well I first flew into Denpasar Airport, which is actually farther away from Denpasar then from Kuta, and got a taxi to Kuta Beach. I didn't had any place to stay, but I had an idea where to go. The taxi driver however didn't want to take me there. He said the street will be too narrow to go through with a car. Later I found out, that even little trucks at least try to get through and some actually make it. So he dumped me off right infront of McDonalds. Mick told me in Lovina that the same thing happend to him. The first thing that I heard after I got out of the taxi was the word transport. Which is supposed to be a question if you want a someone to bring you to some place with a motorbike. The tranport guy kept on running after me and offerd me a place to stay even cheaper than the one I wanted to go to. And since I couldn't find the street I was supposed to go into, I took his offer and let me being transported to that place. It was a decent place, but definitly not the best.
There didn't really happen anything over the next 7 days. All I did was buying fake, and so cheap, surf wear and crashed down at the beach. Ok, ok, I went out partying on the nights as well.
After 7 days I decided I stayed long enough in touristic Kuta and moved on to the cultural center of Bali, Ubud. Same thing here, I didn't go to the place I wanted to go, but I got a real nice bungalow instead. Ubud is a nice town, and if you like drawings and woodcarvings, you'll love it. I walked around that place for a bit, rented me a motorbike and explored the villages and temples around Ubud. That was even nicer. I stayed 3 days in Ubud and the frequent shoutes from the locals who want to sell you anything started to anoy me. It is quite funny though. They always start with a how are you, or anything like it. Sometimes they just say buy this off me, or come over here. And the funniest thing is, when you say no, the next thing they say is yes. And that always happens and they won't leave you alone easily.
From Ubud I went to Lovina where the best and the worst thing happend. On the bus to Lovina I met Mick, a guy from New Zealand. On the next day we rented out motorbikes and drove up the mountains. Went to the hot springs during the hottest time of the day, and drove up a deserted road through landscape that somehow looked burned and alive the same time. The road itself was sometimes steep and had a lot of fun turns in it. We raced up there with our motorbikes going sometimes up to 90 km an hour. Always wearing a helmet of course. Our trip took us around 4 hours and we went to see some waterfalls, the Git Git Twin waterfalls. Coming down from them we entered the only bigger town on that coast. We stopped at a signal light and got pulled out by the police. They explained us that we were stopping at a left turn lane and that the sign up at the signal light told us that. Yeah great, how the fuck are we supposed to read Indonesian? We ended up paying 50.000 Rph each and they let us go.
After a few misunderstandings between Mick and me, we met again on the road facing each other. So I decided to turn. I looked back the van behind me was far enough away. I signaled that I want to turn and did my turn. But while I was in the middle of the road the van wasn't that far at all. It hit me right in the side in flew of my motorbike. This became quite expansive because I had to pay for the damage on the bike. But I didn't had a lot of injuries. Only a few scretches on the arm and foot and a pressure on the right leg where the van hit me. Unlucky as I am the injuries on the foot got infected by now and it fucking hurts to walk or stand. But that didn't start until a few days ago.
After that I wanted to leave Lovina and did so in the direction of Padangbai. I stayed there for 2 nights, but nothing noticeable happend. From there I went back to Kuta and there my foot got worse.
It all started when I was going into the ocean and the ocean ripped my skin off. Now I have a fucking infected foot and got my flight to Sydney. So I probably must go to the doctor around here.
I stay at Blackets house and Pat and I are driving into the city now.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: