From Pearl Land to Pearl Harbor
Trip Start Jun 30, 2008
80Trip End Dec 31, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- We arrived at our apartment at midnight from Hong Kong via LA only to have the wrong unit number and could not contact the owner. We did figure things out and got in.
· Top on our 'to do' list was Wal-Mart to get things we could not for the past 9 months and to go to the public library to get English books!!
· We visited the Dole Plantation, toured the North Shore and around the Island while we had our rental van.
· We walk down to Makaha Beach Park to swim and ride the big waves almost every morning.
To my surprise: We are staying on the West Side of Oahu (about 50Km from Honolulu) and dozens if not hundreds of homeless people are living in tents, cars, vans trucks or in the open all the way along the beaches. These people can’t afford a place to stay and drug dependence is the greatest problem here. While taking the local bus I met a 19 year old woman who has been living on the beach for a year!
Final Note: If anyone is interested in looking at any of our books you can at:
1. http://www.mediafire.com/file/oqwzzenz5om/Family Travel The Further You Go the Closer you Become.pdf
2. http://www.mediafire.com/file/j1d0ywdzvjm/Family Travel Blog.pdf
3. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ayijvj2imkt/From Confucius to Confuse Us Raymond MAASKE.pdf
4http://www.mediafire.com/file/gwzgj2vnyw2/Sophia So Far Sophia MAASKE.pdf
5. http://www.mediafire.com/file/jwyzxzwewtk/Why Not Sabrina MAASKE.pdf
6. http://www.mediafire.com/file/kyyj05evyze/Lego, Sisters and the World James MAASKE.pdf
7. http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzhmgznlzwf/Playing Around the World Monique MAASKE.pdf
8. http://www.mediafire.com/file/qrzzlzyjmn2/HomeStar Realty Raymond MAASKE.pdf