Trip Start Apr 05, 2008
Trip End Aug 07, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Bolivia  ,
Sunday, June 1, 2008

We didn't do to much on Monday, got up at 11ish and got breakfast. We needed to get money out and the town had no ATM so we went to the bank, it took about 1 hour to get the money out, the banks are so slow here. Afterwards we went to a tour agency to book a tour for the following day. We wanted to do a jeep and horse riding trip for the day but because there was only two of us they were unsure if we could do it, they told us to come back at 6pm as there was one other person who had shown interest the previous day. We went to the same restaurant as Sunday, while there we met Paddy, Hannah and Hilde that we met previously in Iguazu. They were wanting to do the salt flat trip but were waiting on two others to confirm, we said we would do it with them if the others didn't confirm so we arranged to meet later in the day. After dinner we went back to the tour agency to meet the third person, after waiting for 30 minutes we got bored and just booked 3 hours of horse riding for 11am the following day. Later we met up with Paddy and the two girls but they still hadnīt heard from the others so we arranged to meet before our horse riding the next day.

We got up on Tuesday in time for breakfast in the main part of the hostel, which consisted of stale bread with jam and butter and tea. After breakfast we met Paddy, they still hadnīt heard from the other two people so we arranged to meet after our horse riding to book the Salar de Uyuni trip. We went to the tour agency for 11am where we met our guide and got our "safety equipment", a bicycle helmet! :-) We walked a short distance to our horses and set off into the desert to see some cool rock formations. Our first stop was "Puerta del diablo" the devils door, which was a number of really tall and thin rocks. We then saw "Valle de los machos" and "El canon del inca", we stopped here for a break and walked a small distance into the canyon. We then made our way back towards town oh so slowly, the horse would only walk and not very fast at that. When we eventually got back to town we met Paddy and the girls to book our trip. We booked the trip for Thursday with an English speaking guide, the President was coming to town on Wednesday so we decided we would stay around to see him, and maybe have a chat and a beer with him :-). After lunch we met some people who said the Presidents visit had been postponed until Thursday so we decided to try and rearrange the trip for the following day. We went back to the tour company and successfully moved it to Wednesday. We then went back to the hostel and got our stuff sorted for the following day and went for dinner.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: