7 days until Iran.
Trip Start May 14, 2010
11Trip End May 29, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
I've traveled to many different countries, but Iran has some unique twists. Here's a short list of what I've discovered so far in the planning process:
- Men can't wear shorts... it's pants only on this trip.
- Alcohol is banned in Iran
- No ATMs, credit cards or travelers cheques, I need to take every dollar I plan to spend with me into the country.
- The Internet access is controlled by the government. I hear that TravelPod is still accessible but Facebook and other sites are blocked.
- The thumbs up gesture is extremely rude in Iran, roughly equivalent to raising the middle finger in Western countries.
- Friday is the weekly day of rest.
- This is kind of obvious but there are no western companies in Iran. So no KFC, McDonalds or other franchises that speckle almost every other country in the world. This will be a nice change.
** Note: This blog will be mostly a photo-blog.