Another series of goodbyes

Trip Start Dec 27, 2012
Trip End Mar 26, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Greece  , Peloponnese,
Friday, March 22, 2013

So today I think I was possibly still a little drunk when I dragged myself out of bed because it this stage I felt ok and then later on I felt awful! It was good being all packed the night before though because we could just roll out of bed and go straight to breakfast. The night before we had set a breakfast time and so we got a big table and all sat together for a last meal. We spent most of the time laughing about how funny the night before was and then we headed to the star shows lounge to wait for the pa announcement that told the contikis to disembark. When we were called we headed off and once off the ship we met Courtney who had all our bags ready for us. We then met our bus and set off for the centre of Athens. On the bus we played our song a couple of times and Courtney admitted that it was actually the first time she had been on the ship we were on and how she had kind of guessed stuff for the first few days to ensure we trusted her which was pretty funny! The first stop was the main square and the people that had other hotels to get to or were going to the airport got off here so we had to say our goodbyes to everyone except Courtney and Alyssa.

When we arrived at the President hotel (the 2nd and final bus stop) it was only like 8am but they did they would have our rooms ready by 10am so we said goodbye to Courtney, Alyssa headed off to shop and Elysia and I napped in the lobby. We didn't need to do anymore shopping and Alyssa had only been here a week so it made sense for her to want to squeeze in as much as possible. Once we were able to check in Elysia and I got into bed, I was so wrecked after 5 nights in a row with minimal sleep, full days and lots of alcohol. By this point too I was feeling really nauseous partly because I was hungover but weirdly I felt sicker now then when I was on the boat as I still felt like everything was swaying. We watched a couple of movies and napped and played games until we were starving and then we headed out to try and find internet and snacks. We apparently went the wrong direction for Starbucks so we bought some chips and chocolate and then took turns using the Internet at the hotel for the last contact with family and friends before we set off on the long journey home the next day.

We had organised to meet Alyssa for dinner so even though we were still buggered it was nice to have one more meal with a new friend. We then said goodbye (again), finished our packing and went to bed.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: