Meeting the contiki

Trip Start Dec 27, 2012
Trip End Mar 26, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Greece  , Attica,
Sunday, March 17, 2013

Today we wanted a pretty quiet day as we figure the cruise and our time with contiki will be really full on. So we did the usual with our check out days where we sleep as late as possible, have breakfast at the very last minute, use the Internet until check out time and then use the Internet some more in the lobby. It was nice to be able to have a long chat with the family here because the Internet on the cruise will probably be expensive and slow. At about 1pm we caught a cab from one hotel to the next one where we will meet the contikis tonight.

On arrival we found a sign with a few details on it that our contiki tour manager had left us and we were given a welcome pack when we checked in. we perused this information and then we found English movie channels in our room so we watched a couple of movies, got our bags all sorted for the cruise and I tried to get these entries up to date as I won't have time the next few days.

A 7pm we met our tour manager at reception. We had Courtney and Aussie who had been doing Greece tours the last two years. She seemed awesome straight away which was good. We then met the other tour members and when we were all present Courtney got us to do some introductions. We had 3 Canadian girls all travelling solo, a Canadian couple, on guy from the UK, two South African brothers and two South African girls. Most people were students except the brothers and the guy from London. We were given some basic ship info at this meeting and our luggage tags so that when we board our bags get delivered to our rooms. The South African boys were a little tipsy at this first meeting and I think this was actually the case for most of the cruise!

We were then told about the dinner with Greek music and we found out that thankfully it wasn't at exactly the same place as last night so we were keen to attend. We had just enough time to get changed and dump all our paperwork and then we headed out for the evening. We walked a few blocks and then caught the metro into the Plaka region. It was good that we got to walk in there as we were able to walk alongside different people and chat to them about their travel plans, what they were studying and what we had been up to the last 3 months. Everyone was really chatty so I was looking forward to the cruise being heaps of fun. The dinner was delicious we got all these appetisers brought out and the real Greek tzaiki was so so garlicky and delicious. The also had fried zucchini and greek salad to start and then we had souvlakies and icecream. We got free wine with the meal which was nice and the entertainment was really good. The dances were similar to what we have seen before and their was crowd involvement but only for big group conga line things so it was all good fun.

After the meal it was back to the metro and home for most of us but the SA boys were super keen to go out so we left them at the tube station. We were less keen as our wake up call the next day was at 6:15am to catch the boat so home at 11:30pm was late enough!
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: