Midsummer in Paris
Trip Start Aug 15, 2007
103Trip End Aug 31, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Even though we've been many times, it never ceases to amaze with its bohemian charm. Compared to NYC it is much more laid back and beautiful...and the Frenchies really know how to enjoy life with amazing restaurants and never-ending Boules matches.
So we dragged Nate's family to every neighborhood and monument all over Paris exclusively by foot and bike (the public rentable ones which are great) and forced them to eat every 2 hours.
The only shock came when I noticed that I had brought a souvenir from India...little itchy cohabitants which had been driving me nuts every night scratching my head bloody. It had been 4 weeks since we had been in India and they had been throwing a party in my thick Guatemalan hair being unnoticed. Since I can't look at my head myself I relied on Nate and parents who all affirmed that they saw absolutely nothing...until I thought I had some rare skin disease
- Restaurant Astier (http://www.restaurant-astier.com/): amazing 4 course menu for 31 Euro incl. great cheese plate
- Restaurant Les Galopins (http://lesgalopins.com/les-galopins-paris.php)
- Buying Macarons at Laduree (http://www.laduree.fr/)
- For the girls: shopping at Maje, Kookai and Comptoir des Cotonniers
- Strolling through le Marais and St Germain