Day at Sea

Trip Start May 20, 2009
Trip End Jun 02, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Canada  , British Columbia,
Saturday, May 23, 2009

  LJ was up this morning by 6 but I managed to sleep in until a little after 9 - I feel like a new woman! We had facials at 10:30 (LJ's first facial and may I say, he just glowed afterwards). We then went to the 'thermal lounge' which is a very cool room in the spa area that has a sauna, dry sauna, aromatherapy room and then five tiled lounge type chairs that are heated and look out over the ocean. There is an extra charge but it was very enjoyable and I think we will really enjoy it this week. Fortunately it wasn't crowded at all when we went, which was our concern, we were the only two in there the entire time. Afterwards we came back to the room and LJ took a nap while I just rested and played a little Nintendo DS (insert silly happy face here).

Next came lunch and the slot pull. We had made plans with the group from our message board to meet at the Scoreboard Lounge and then go over to the casino for a group slot pull. Everyone puts in $15 and then makes 5 $3 pulls, then at the end we cash out and split the final tally between us. We also had a side pot of $1 per person for those who wanted to participate to see who would make the most money during their turn. At the end we all went home with $10 so no big winnings but yours truly did make the most during my turn so I won the side pot. We decided to put it and the $8 over the $10 per person back into the machine and try our luck again - results = zero. Boo! Hiss! It was much fun though and we enjoyed getting to know a few more people.

Okay... what was next... oh yeah, we checked out the stores and our photos from last night, and then LJ went off to the gym and I came back to the room to catch up on the blog a bit. He quickly called however to say that whales had been spotted off the port side of the ship. I ran upstairs and am excited to report that I got to see several different whales and it was amazing! I was actually more excited than I expected to be upon seeing them. Back to the room for me, a workout for LJ and then I met him in the spa for a couples hot stone massage - both firsts for us and very enjoyable. Back to the room again and getting ready for our first formal night. A very enjoyable dinner (shrimp cocktail, filet and strawberry cheesecake for dessert) and now back in the room and preparing for our float plane adventure early in the morning tomorrow. I know it sounded like a very busy day and I guess it was, but it also was very relaxing. Happily we gain an additional hour tonight so I stayed up to catch up on writing before heading off to sleep. Until then...
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: