Worse week ever!!!!

Trip Start Jan 17, 2007
Trip End Feb 23, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Costa Rica  ,
Thursday, February 22, 2007

Well, firstly I have to apologize; no more pictures. On Monday evening around 1:00am I woke up to some guy in my apartment. I screamed louder and more terrified than ever before and chased him out. When he jumped the fence I managed to grab his arm and tried to pull him up, it must have been all the adrenaline because I was able to pull him in mid air with one arm. At this point I did not know what he had taken, even if he had taken anything. Then I realized as I was holding this guy dangling from my balcony that I really just wanted him gone, and I let go. I ran back in my room and realized like an idiot, I left my keys in my door.

Know from time to time I am sure we all have accidentally left our doors unlocked, keys in the door, car running while going to Wells Fargo for like a half an hour and what have you. But gees how stupid on my part. Did I mention I also live in a gated apartment community? The gate was locked but this smart thief scaled the wall amongst the barb wire. And ironically you can not tell if my keys were in the door from the street, I live in the back apartment down a little hallway.

Well, I ran into my friends apartment and cried and bugged out until the early hours of the morning. In the morning when I finally grew balls enough to return to my apartment I realized this guy had taken my camera, i-pod, flash drive, wallet and cell phone :( But I am safe, still scared but living, living, breathing and very lucky that this guy was much more interested in my valuables, then my "valuables." Anyways, I am still sleeping at other peoples houses, not yet feeling comfy in my own home. I have installed dead bolts in both of my doors, but like my boss so eloquently said, "It probably won´t happen again if my dumb ass doesn´t leave my keys in the door."

To top it all off, and to add to another one of my biggest fears, (First one being strange man in my bedroom while I am sleeping) There was a enormous TARANTULA in my classroom first thing the next morning. A Dios mio. I was so scared and tired and insane I cried in front of 15 second graders. Then another teacher came in and captured it leaving behind one of the tarantulas legs, which still preceded to move across the floor unbeknown to me, until it touched my toe. Creating a brand new hysteria of tears. When it rains, it pours!!!

My insurance does not cover my camera, no more music on the bus, all my grading sheets and school stuff was saved on my flash drive and a $175 cancellation fee on my phone. But again I am alive and well!! And thanking god.  I still love it here!?!
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


sarsandmatt on

You gotta laugh, right?
Hey, I read all of your upadates, they're so entertaining. I am relieved to hear that you are still alive and loving it, no matter what the Ticos throw at you! Do you know your mailing address yet? Send it to me when you get a chance. Cuidate, bonita! I miss you tons.

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: