Jamaican Bobsled and Dunn’s River Falls

Trip Start Feb 18, 2012
Trip End Feb 27, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Jamaica  ,
Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We got up at 7:00 this morning, got dressed and went to breakfast. The ship docked at 8:00 and we left about 8:15.  We got on our bus and headed to Mystic Mountain where we rode the ski life to the top, about 700 ft up.   At the top they were playing music and there were dancers who pulled and Erin and me out to dance with them.  Derek did a video of it.  We got in line for the Bobsled which is on a track like a ride at Cedar Point.  Erin went first, then Derek.  I was last hooked  on to Larry's sled.  I wanted to film on the way down.  It was a very fast ride and was over in no time.  They also had a water slide and infinity pool at the top which we took advantage of.  We went down the slide several times and spent time in the pool.  We visited the gift shop where Erin got a magnet of the Jamaican flag.  Erin and Derek decided they wanted to go one more time, so they went tandem this time and said it was a smoother and faster ride.  We took the chair lift down to the parking lot and got on the bus for Dunn’s River Falls.  When they dropped us off we had a tour guide named Annette who took us through the ins and outs of getting ready.  Derek and I decided not to walk the falls.  Larry and Erin did the wet way in the river and Derek and I walked the dry way along the side.  It was really crowded.  It took a long time for them to complete the 1000 ft high falls.  They were in their swimming suits and wet shoes.  They had a guide, an assistant and a videographer with their group which Annette named the Movie Stars.  While we watched them slog through the water, and slide down the rocks, and hold hands as they trekked up the falls, Derek and I got thirsty and hungry.  I had water but Derek found a stand that had Red Stripe beer.  I bought a Jamaican meat pocket which was very spicy but good.  I saved a little of it because Erin was getting really hungry.  There were several places along the falls where people could get out and at one of those places I gave Erin the rest of my pocket.  It took them almost two hours to complete the climb because there were so many people there.  On the way out there were lots of craft stalls where people tried to sell you stuff.  We found Annette and got on our bus back to Ocho Rios.  They dropped us off at the Taj Mahal Shopping Center but we left there and walked up the main street until we found a bar where we could get drinks.  We stopped at John Crow’s Tavern.  They each had two Red Stripe beers and I had two margarita’s.  We walked back to the ship which wasn’t very far.  We went to our rooms and changed and then went to the Outdoor Grill and got food as we were all starving.  They had scones with clotted cream and jam.  They also had great tuna wraps and cookies fresh from the oven.  We chowed down.   When I was done eating I went to the room and retrieved my library book to return to the library and one book I had brought to exchange for one I can keep.  When I got back they were getting ready to cast off so we watched that and went to Deck 7 for the Sail-Away.  We checked out the menu for supper and then sat on deck chairs on Deck 7.  Erin and I blogged while Larry and Derek rested.  I got three blogs posted and then wrote this one.

Larry, Derek, and I went to dinner at the Summer Palace about 7:00.  Erin decided to just have a snack from the buffet.  We got a seat right by the window on the rear of the boat.  For starters I had the Potato and Leek Soup, Larry had Caesar Salad and I can’t remember what Derek had.  For entrees Derek and Larry had the Chef’s Special Jerk Pork Chop and Rice.  I had Sea Trout with rice and vegetables.  For dessert Larry and Derek had Pecan Pie with Chocolate Ice Cream.  I ordered Trifle but the server misunderstood and brought a chocolate/raspberry torte.  I did not complain.  It was delicious, rivaling the Key Lime Pie from Sunday. 

After supper we went to the Stardust Theater for the Second City Comedy Show.  We were in the third row and it was very entertaining and funny.  After the show we went back to our rooms and prepared for bed. 
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: