, Bon Voyage

Trip Start Feb 18, 2012
Trip End Feb 27, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Norwegian Pearl
We got up about 8:30 this morning and went to breakfast. The breakfast bar was a square granite counter with different things o

Flag of United States  , Florida
Sunday, February 19, 2012

We got up about 8:30 this morning and went to breakfast. The breakfast bar was a square granite counter with different things on each side.  One side was waffles, eggs, bacon and Danish.  Another side was all kinds of bread for toast, bagels and English muffins.  Breakfast cereals made up the third side.  The last side had pitchers of drinks.  There was also a station for hot drinks.  We found a table and had our breakfasts.  After breakfast we went back to the room and Erin and I started our blogs.  Derek was on his computer and Larry had a shower.  When we were ready we went to lobby, checked out and asked for a cab to be called to take us to the Port of Miami. We waited outside as it was warm and sunny.   The Yellow Cab arrived in about ten minutes.  We were dropped off right at the cruise terminal but the line was out the door and around the corner.  The line moved steadily but we were glad when we reached the part that was shaded.  They gave us the Freestyle Daily to read while we waited in line.  It listed all the activities and entertainment for today.  When we finally got through the line we were ready to get on the Pearl.  We had our pictures taken as we walked to the gang plank.  On board we were greeted by many people dressed in tropical outfits and a steel drum playing.  We headed straight for the buffet as it was almost 1:00 and we were very hungry.  We looked at all the offerings, then got food but it took us a while to find a place to sit.

 After lunch we started exploring the boat from the top to the bottom.  They have 15 decks.  The top deck is a freestyle sundeck which means it is clothing optional.  When we got up there the sign said it was just topless sunbathing, bottoms had to be worn.  It didn't take us long to realize that this boat is bigger and offers more than the Holland America boats we went on before.  There is a very large casino, a bowling alley, a golf practice cage, two big swimming pools and lots of hot tubs.  We toured the fitness area and Erin and I signed up to have our feet evaluated.  We toured the spa and it was quite impressive.  Erin and I will probably get a massage at some point.  We continued to explore until it was time for the safety drill at 3:15.  We went to our station and waited while they went through all the information.  My feet got very tired standing there.  Erin and I went to our 4:00 appointment for our feet.  We both ended up buying new orthotics from Good Feet.  They are amazing and feel so much better than the ones I have now.  While we were in the Fitness Center, Larry and Derek went to the pool area to participate in the Bon Voyage party.  We left port while we were in the Fitness Center but we could see well from there as we sailed out of the port, past South Beach and into the Atlantic heading east to the Bahamas.  We found Larry and Derek with a bucket of beer.  I had a Blue Moon and then another.  I was feeling goooooood. 

We went to our rooms and the luggage had arrived.  We changed and went to the Summer Palace Dining Room for supper.  We had a great meal.  For starters Erin, Larry and I had Garlic Polenta with Tomato Basil Sauce and Derek had Potatoes with Shrimp.  For the main course Derek and Erin had Loin Roast Beef with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans.  Larry had the Chef’s Special, Red Snapper with Cuban Rice.  I had Lobster and Red Snapper with Rice and Vegetables.  For dessert we all Key Lime Pie, the best we have ever eaten.  After supper we changed and walked around Deck 7 four times, about a mile and a half.  We went and looked at our Bon Voyage pictures and I got them.  Because we purchased them tonight we got a free map of our route through the islands.  We went back to the rooms where I took a shower and the other three went and had a beer.  When they got back I was blogging.  Erin took a shower and then we went to bed.

I will not be attaching pictures as I am paying for internet.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Ilin Huang on

Funny, just Tuesday night Bill asked me if I got emails or pictures from the Haas cruise vacation. I said no, probably no internet connection or it's not free.

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: