Wet and Wild Aquaventure in Nassau

Trip Start Dec 14, 2013
Trip End Dec 22, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Carnival Glory

Flag of Bahamas  , New Providence Island,
Monday, December 16, 2013

I woke up about 6:30 but stayed in bed until the alarm went off. We got up and dressed and went to breakfast which was frustrating because there were lines everywhere for food.  Erin got a quick breakfast and went back to the room.  I knew I needed something more substantial if I wasn't  going to eat until we returned from Atlantis.  So I had to wait in line to eat.  I took a banana as a snack for later.  When I got back to the room we finished up our preparations then went to the Amber Palace for our briefing.  Getting everyone organized and briefed took about 30 minutes.  Then we walked off the boat and to the bus.  It was warm already.  The buses took us to the Coral Towers and the Crystal Shops with several Chihuli Glass Sculptures.  From there we walked by the Paradise Lagoon with its Bar and Grill in an ornate circular building.  Then we went to the Towel Hut where they gave us beach towels for our use and then to the Hospitality Center where we rented a locker and got ready for our Aquaventure. 

By this time it was 9:30 and the last bus leaves at 1:00.  We only took water shoes with us for walking on the hot cement.  Erin and I headed first to the Mayan Temple where we did the Challenge Slide, two slides side-by-side where you see who can go the fastest.  I beat Erin’s time by a few tenths of a second.  Next we did the Jungle Slide which went through a dark tunnel and ended up in the Mayan Pool.  Then we went and got a double inner tube to do the Serpent Slide through a dark tunnel and then through a clear tube in the shark tank.  We went through there slow enough to actually see the sharks.  We decided to do that one again.  The lines weren’t very long and we went again.  Then Erin wanted to do the Leap of Faith, but I passed.  That was an almost straight down slide from the top of the Mayan Temple.  I went and watched from the observation area.

Next we went to The Power Tower which has 4 slides but only 3 were open.  We went down to The Current and Rapids and Erin retrieved a double inner tube from the river.  We went up the Power Tower and did The Drop.  It began with a drop, then twists and turns in a dark tunnels, then three hills in the open like on a roller coaster.  At the end of the ride we were in The Current and Rapids, we went around a lazy corner and then through rapids in a tunnel, back to the base of the Power Tower.  We went back up and did The Falls which was in the open at first,  then in a tunnel and then back into The Current.  We went around again in the river, through the rapids and got out and did The Drop again.  The 3rd slide from that area, The Surge, was closed.  When we came down this time we stayed in The Current and Rapids and floated all the way around The Power Tower.  We went through several rapids and then came to a place where there was water coming out making huge waves that kept going and going through the twists and turns of the river.  There was one place where we actually went up a hill on a rubber belt, like going up the first hill of a roller coaster.  We finally came back to our starting place and got off.  Erin was going to do The Abyss which is like the Leap of Faith only in the dark, but it was closed.

So we decided to go to the beach and swim in the ocean for a little bit.  We walked to Cove Beach and left our shoes on the beach.  We went into the water for a little bit.  The water was a bit chilly but it was beautiful.  Then we went back to hospitality and I got a towel and my sun hat.  Erin wanted to do the Serpent again.  I told her I would meet her at the bottom of the Challenge Slide.  She did the Serpent and the Leap of Faith as the lines were really short.  She thought I said I would meet her at the bottom of the Serpent and she couldn’t find me.  By the time we figured out the mix-up, there wasn’t time for many pictures.  We hurried back to the bus and made it with time spare.  We both agreed that we would love to come back to Nassau and stay longer and do the resort again.  We didn’t get to see or do anything else and there is a lot to see and do.  It was a great excursion.

When we got back to the dock we visited the Festival Shops so Erin could look for a magnet with the flag of Bermuda on it.  She didn’t find one.  We asked a girl to take our picture there in front of a huge peacock decoration.  We were back on the ship by about 1:45, took our stuff to the room, and headed to the 2:00 Sail Away party.   We stopped at Pirate Pizza for a slice and then got some ice cream.   I must say there are a lot more young people on Carnival and the parties are well attended.  It was fun to watch people lip-sync to songs and line dance.  It was also fun to be on an upper deck to get good pictures leaving Nassau and enjoy the festivities.

Then we both had showers and headed up to the spa to see what was available.  They had a special that included a 50 minute massage and a 25 minute facial.  They could also get us in at 5:15 so we went for it.  We went back to the room and changed and headed to the spa.  We spent some time in the sauna but passed on the steam room.  We both had amazing massages.  I got a bamboo massage which is deep tissue and Erin had a Swedish massage.   We were very relaxed!  Then we changed again and went to supper.  This time it took a lot less time.  Erin had a Dos Equis sp? And I had wine again.  We both had the Crab soup which was delicious.  Erin had Veal Parmesan with spaghetti and I had the Junkanoo Seafood Pot which had shrimp, scallops, calamari, and clams with a spicy rice as a side.  Both were delicious.  We decided to pass up the dessert.  On the way out I spied Dottie and Diana from Columbus.  We talked with them for a while and told them about the piano bar.  They said they would be there at 9:00.  We had a little while before that.  We went back and changed again as we were both a little chilly.  We went to the regular dining room and scoped out the desserts there.  We both got the lemon cake and Erin got a chocolate cake and I got bread pudding.  The lemon cake wasn’t very lemony and the chocolate cake wasn’t very chocolaty.  My bread pudding had an expresso sauce on it, so I feared the caffeine in it and didn’t eat it.  Caffeine keeps me awake. 

We headed for the Cinna-Bar early and talked with Dave and the other people there, while he set up.  He uses a computer with all his music on it.  Dottie and Diana joined us.  They enjoyed Dave as much as we did.  In fact, Diana held the Harmonica for Dave during piano man and she sang and duet with him, "Baby It’s Cold Outside."  Tonight’s challenge involved two teams, the Lee-nard Skynards (them) and Naughty Nancy’s (us).  Lee and Nancy were the team captains.  Dave played songs with a color in them and the first one on a team to shout out the title won a point.  We played to 30 points.  The lead went back and forth.  Lee’s team won 30-26. When the waiter was not attentive in bringing drinks and Dave started playing some of the same songs as last night.  Erin left to join the party on Lido deck.  I stayed until after Diana sang and then left to join her.  They were still line dancing and going strong.  Erin and I left shortly after I arrived.  We went to bed after midnight.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: