Smooth Flying, Not

Trip Start Nov 10, 2013
Trip End Nov 24, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
On the Plane

Flag of United States  , Ohio
Sunday, November 10, 2013

We left for the airport at 1:15 right on time.  We parked in the green lot and took the shuttle to the airport.  We checked our bags at the US Airways counter and went to security.  For some reason Larry and I had pre-boarding on our tickets which meant we didn't have to take off our shoes, or take out our liquids etc.  We got to the gate and had an hour until boarding.  We left about 5 minutes late because of a backup in Philly.  We arrived in Philly before our scheduled time.  Derek forgot to pack his adaptor so we looked for them at the airport but they were way too much money.  We went to our new gate and sat down and they started boarding premier customers and people with kids.  We knew the plane wasn't full.  Before long they were calling us and we were in group 6, the last group to board.  We all got settled in and we sat and sat.  Then some more people arrived from a connecting flight that was late.  Then we sat and sat until another group arrived from another delayed flight.  Derek says we left at 7:38 and we were supposed to leave at 6:45.  But we were fine with that as we would have wanted them to wait on us if we were delayed.  Besides the pilot said it would take us 6 hours and 25 minutes for the crossing which is about an hour less than the scheduled time. 

As soon as we were airborne I started watching the Life of Pi which we have had in our cue for Netflix forever.  Derek watched it later too.  We each had our own screen in the seat ahead of us as most international flights do these days.  We told Larry he can watch it on the way home.  They served supper about 8:30 and we were all starving by then as we had had nothing since since noon.  We got free wine with the meal but that turned out to be a hazzard as it was pretty bumpy during the meal.   I tried to get some sleep for the next several hours and I dozed a bit.  Before long they were turning on the lights and announcing a snack service.  They served flat topped muffins and OJ or coffee.  It was still dark then but the map on our screens showed that we had crossed the coast.  It soon got light and we could see a little bit out the side windows.  We were in an Air Bus A330 with a 2-4-2 seating arrangement and we were in the middle.  We arrived in the International Terminal shortly before 8:30, just 15 minutes late,
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: