Stafford and Great Haywood

Trip Start Aug 03, 2010
Trip End Aug 31, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United Kingdom  , England,
Friday, August 6, 2010

Today Peter took me to see Sally and Auntie Margaret. We met Sally for lunch at the Moat House in Acton Trussel.  I had been there before when Angela brought Auntie Gemma and me up to see Sally and Auntie Margaret.  The setting was beautiful with a pond in front and canal boats on the canal out behind.   It was a great meal. 

Sally told us that the night before she wasn't sure her Mom would last the night.  She had gone blue around the mouth and was not very responsive.  But she told us that she had rallied this morning and that we could go and see her for a few minutes.  The drive to the nursing home was through some lanes that were two-tracks, a single lane with hedges 8 feet high on either side with intermittent pullovers for passing.  Luckily we didn’t meet any vehicles coming toward us.  The nursing home is in a small village called Hyde Lea.  It is small but nice.  We signed in and went up to her room.  God answered my prayers and she was up sitting in a chair and knew who Peter and I were.  She asked how I am and how mom is.  She is very thin and frail.  She dropped off easily and was breathing loudly.  I am so grateful that I could see her on a good day.  She is not eating or drinking much and probably will not be with us much longer.

We went back to Great Haywood and Sally’s cottage for a "cuppa" tea.  On the way we stopped at the local farm market which was also along the canals.  Sally bought some Welsh tea cakes and I got some Jelly Babies for Larry, Derek, and Erin.  Sally made tea and we ate the tea cakes and some biscuits.  We looked at Amy’s wedding photos.  They were spectacular.  She and Taki were married at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London in the private chapel in the crypt beneath the church.  When we had finished looking Amy called from London and I got to talk to her for a few minutes.  She had just left work and was having a walk home through Hyde Park.  Sally showed us a picture of Amy with Gordon Brown the former Prime Minister for whom she worked.  Amy got an award from Buckingham Palace for all her work for the Labor Party.  Peter, Sally and I talked all afternoon and had more tea.  We left a little after 5:30 each of us with a jar of homemade strawberry, raspberry and black currant jam.

Peter and I got back to Brierley Hill in good time for that time on a Friday night.  Barbara got out Edwina’s Wedding Photo Album and it was beautiful too.  Peter and I had sausage sandwiches for “tea” and of course another “cuppa.”  Aidan said he would help me with photos in the morning before I leave.  Lisa called to say she would collect me between half ten and eleven tomorrow morning.

Chris and Josie arrived shortly after 8:00 and we sat and talked about work, vacations, and as always happens with people our age our health.  Chris and Josie have moved out of their townhouse into a bungalow.  They have five grandchildren and spend a lot of time babysitting.  They travel to America often to see Josie’s sister and her children who are in Arizona and North Carolina.  Chris looks and acts just like Uncle Jack.  We talked and shared stories until after 10:00.”
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: