First Impressions of Vegas
Trip Start Nov 01, 2012
23Trip End Nov 28, 2012
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
So as we edged closer to Vegas, I moved to the front of the bus so that I could see the lights before any of the other passengers! An also because it was dark and that's exactly how I wanted to arrive in Vegas. And trust me when I say, it is Bigger, Better and Brighter than anything you've ever seen on TV. Why all Greyhound depots have to be in the ass end of the worse part of town, I just don't know. So I googled "Taxis in Vegas" phoned the number and the nice lady told me to walk over the road to a hotel and just get one from there - which I did! $35 Later and I was dropped off by a lovely Chinese man who was complaining about the 'wush hour twappic' (rush hour traffic).
Now it's a good thing I'm of above average intelligence (my opinion) because here's what I observed other than the beauty of the place:
1. There are more ATM machines in this hotel than we have in the whole of SA
2. Accommodation all over is very cheap. Why? Because one then has more disposable income to gamble with (I wish I'd realized this earlier coz I would've stayed at the Belagio)
3. If you sit at a machine, a waitress appears to offer you a drink - for free - coz obviously the more you drink the less responsible you become and since its free, the more disposable income you have to gamble with.
4. There are huge brightly lit flashing signs all over the place advertising free parking. So you can stay all night and lose everything and not worry about stashing a few dollars for the parking meter.
5. It seems as if the whole gambling area is a smoking area and only the outer lobby is smoke-free.
6. There are people handing out complimentary tickets with a free drink to the LAX nightclub, from midnight onwards. Which means you can gamble for the next four hours.
So that having been said, I shall now go and try my hand at a machine...
I have an early start tomorrow since the helicopter company is picking me up at the hotel rotunda at 06:30am for my Grand Canyon flip. More on that life changing experience tomorrow...