Lots of plans!
Trip Start Aug 08, 2011
64Trip End Jul 22, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
We have however, invested in a tent (I say invested but it in fact cost us $29 from kmart...) So we decided to test it out on an overnight trip to yamba a small beach town 2 hours drive from here. Yamba was nice enough but a bit quiet and not quite as pretty as Byron so we probably wouldn't go back. It was though, fun to camp, and we're hoping to do more of it soon. Got to get our moneys worth out of our tent afer all...!
Wyn has a car as of today which is a big relief to him
Whilst it has been a quiet month or so, the next 2 months will be anything but quiet as we have a lot of travel and visitor plans! Very excited! So the next few months will look like this
- christmas day - about 12 of us having a roast and a pool party at some of my colleagues 'party house'
- new years eve will be spent on Goat Island in Sydney Harbour watching the firework display and catching up with my Sydney friends.
- 1st-3rd Jan, Wyn and I are spending in the Blue Mountains near Sydney (hopefully using our tent!)
- Late january, my friends Rachel and Sarah are arriving, spending a few days in Byron and then the 3 of us are off to the Whitsunday islands for a few days sailing, followed by 3 day 4WD tour of beautiful Fraser island. Wyns decided to give this one a miss as he reckons he would get cabin fever on the boat!
- End January, its Sydney salsa congress.
- Late february, were hoping to spend 10 days seeing melbourne and Tasmania.
So lots and lots going on for both of us! We were planning to see New Zealand but the rota got a bit messed up and Im not doing my ICU rotation until april. Shame as its week on week off which would have allowed all the above plus a 3 week NZ trip using only a weeks leave! (and April is NZ winter time!) So NZ is on hold until next year (probably december time) and Tasmania is on the adgenda instead! So can't complain!!!! It helps to have a lot on the go at the moment as we have both felt a tad homesick over the christmas period. Christmas is just not the same without family and a bit of snow! I'm still contemplating a trip home next summer...
Well thats all for now. I'll be blogging over Christmas and new year - hopefully have a few pictures of Sydney fireworks for you!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! XX
Ps the photos are from the Byron lighthouse walk. No Yamba photos as i forgot to take my memory card!