5 days to go . . .
Trip Start Apr 16, 2013
18Trip End Dec 20, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Jim and I thought it would be good to test out our blog and write a short 'before' post prior to our big depart. Tomorrow will be our last day at work and then it is time to cut down the two massive piles of clothes on my bed that I think I can fit in my rucksack. Our idea to take time out to travel started out over 18 months ago when we started to save money and draft out rough itineraries. There have definitely been some highs and lows in the preparations for this trip and so here are a few things that I have learnt:
- I can live without my monthly "I need a new dress" fix.
- You can store a bicycle in a tiny attic flat.
- To love Aldi (especially their very reasonable Sauvignon Blanc)
- Not to send Jim shopping for clothes for travelling on his own.
- That UK holidays can be cheap and amazing
- That you should never check behind the washing machine in said tiny attic flat
- To do your research before booking internal Indian flight tickets
We had our leaving party last Saturday which was amazing and we were so chuffed that so many people came along to wish us bon voyage
You can get email notifications when we update the blog by just clicking the 'get email updates' button on the right. Hopefully my writing style will get a little better as I go along!
For now I'll leave you with some pictures of Saturday - an epic send off by any proportion.