Our last destination!

Trip Start Nov 15, 2009
Trip End May 02, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of China  ,
Wednesday, April 28, 2010

We left Fiji early on the 28th, but we had to wait for 10 hours in Sydney airport before we flew to Hong kong. Luckily the plane to Hong Kong wasn't full so the nice man on the check-in desk gave us 2 seats each, so we were able to sleep. We landed in Hong Kong at 5.30am on the 29th, we were obviously knackered so we went straight to the hotel and had a few hours sleep.

On our first day we went on a half day tour which had been booked alongside the hotel. It was chucking down with rain. We went to Man Mo Temple which is a Toaist temple. Then we went to Vistoria Peak, but because it was raining we couldn't see any of the view of Hong Kong so it was a bit pointless really. After that we were taken to a fishing village and went on a little boat. Then we went to a jewellery factory, there was really nice pieces but obviously we had no money so couldn't buy anything. To finish off the tour we went to Stanley Market, we brought a couple of pashminas for presents and a oil painting of the skyline of Hong Kong. We were then taken back to the hotel we both could of just crawled into bed, but we went and had some dinner.

The next day the weather was great, so we decided to go back to Hong Kong island. We went over on the Star Ferry. As the weather was so nice we went back upto Victoria Peak and we got some really amazing views of Hong Kong. We spent the rest of the day shopping, looking in a couple of markets and walking around. We got very excited because there is Marks and Spencers in Hong Kong and we haven't seen it for months. We went to the food hall and got a sandwich, you wouldn't think a Marks and Spencer sandwich could make 2 people so happy!!! At 7pm we walked down to the waterfront to watch the light show at 8pm. The skyline looked amazing lit up! We then went to a resturant and had a yummy chinese meal but as usual we ordered way too much!!

On our last day in Hong Kong we stayed in Kowloon. We went to a Buddist Nunnery which was really good and so beautiful. Next to the nunnery was a really garden which we walked around. We then went to the ladies market and had a look around there and finished the day in the gentlemans market. Hong Kong is such a hectic city, at like 10pm you cant walk down the street in a straight line you are constanly weaving around people. We both couldn't believe how busy it was. We got a few stares when we walked into restaurants and shops sometimes, Alex is very tall compared to the Chinese men so he stood out a little bit.

We left Hong Kong at 7.30am on the 2nd May to fly back to Heathrow.

Post your own travel photos for friends and family More Pictures & Videos

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: