Trip Start Aug 17, 2008
10Trip End Aug 23, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
A planned 6.5 hour trip took almost 9 hours due to traffic jams from Baltimore, MD to our exit on the New Jersey Turnpike.
We had a great vacation in Virginia, but we're glad to be home.
Some tips we learned
1) Never underestimate the intelligence of a 3.5 year old
2) We wish we would have gotten our kids some children's books about Mt. Vernon, Jamestown & Williamsburg before we left.
3) We saved hundreds eating breakfast, lunch or dinner (1 meal a day) at the hotel in our room.
4) We probably saved several hundreds more by buying bottled water at the supermarket - we went through 2 cases easily. Water at any of the parks will cost you around $3 a bottle.
5) As usual, we picked up the free coupon book available almost anywhere - we got some great tips & discounts.