Toronto Conference Day Two

Trip Start Sep 09, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Canada  ,
Friday, October 7, 2005

Day Two of the conference:

I had a lot of classes today. Once my classes start it is usually the same people in the audience from then on to the end of the week. This was a great group. Many of them had never been to a conference and were excited. Man, did I burst their bubble! No, I don't think I did. I had prizes and toys and funny slide shows. The audience really participated once they realized they got things for speaking up! We had play dough, clapping hands, stickers, and little rubber bouncy things.

Classes went well but in our limited time we didn't have the opportunity to discuss everything so we set up shop in the lounge. About 8 people and I gathered around a table to cover things missed in class. We must have done this for about an hour. They are really great people! Just think of the patience they must have to not only go to all my classes but volunteer to spend extra time with me!

I met Jamie for dinner and MORE shopping at the mall. . This time I only got a little bit 0'stuff. Jamie bought the cutest key chain in the Coach store. I made them give her a huge bag for what was a 2 inch by 1 inch item. It served it's purpose later in the evening.

We had dinner at the mall in the Rainforest Café. The restaurant was only half full. After waiting ten minutes for some young thing to figure out where to seat us (she even had to ask for help) she proceeded to take us to a table right next to the kitchen door. She couldn't understand why I wanted a different table - but then again I don't think she understands much. So, after much befuddlement she moved us to a table not near anything. After we sat down another person came by and asked us to move again, to another area almost empty and was really confused trying to figure out where to seat us. In stead of strangling her, I picked a table and sat down. She left. The waiter came by and took our order. I soon found out our seats were under the gorilla tree. Every ten minutes the monkeys would act up. I search the tree for relatives but didn't see any.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: