First days in NY

Trip Start Dec 27, 2010
Trip End Jan 16, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , New York
Thursday, December 30, 2010

After finally getting a decent nights sleep, my first day in NY was nice and relaxing. We just went and looked around the shops and I got to meet a few more of Nik's family members.

On the Thursday night we decided to head out and have a few drinks in Huntington Village. We walked around and randomly picked out a few bars to check out. At the first place we went, we ordered Long Island Iced Teas ( we were in Long Island after all). We then moved on to a bar that had Karaoke which was a lot of fun. I ended up getting up and doing 'Home Sweet Home' by Motley Crue.
I thought that considering I had gone without sleep for so many days, i was doing pretty well and I was feeling good, unfortunately however, it did catch up with me and all of the sudden I was really feeling it. Those potent Long Island Iced Teas really kicked in, and when leaving the club to go home, I got to the bottom of the stairs a little quicker than I would have liked. Luckily, Nicola was the only one around to see my awesome stunt work and she managed to get me home in one piece (sort of). I later realised that I had actually hurt myself a little bit worse than I first thought and had mild concussion. I took me quite a while to get myself out of bed the next day, and by the time I did get up, the house was starting to fill up with all the family who were coming for the NYE party. It was a bit overwhelming, meeting 40 members of Nik's family while recovering from a concussion, especially when they are all very affectionate, huggy people.
We had an awesome seafood dinner including pickled octopus, lobster tail, lots of prawns, linguini with clam sauce...the dishes just kept on coming!
It was a very unusual New Year for me this year. Not only was I in a house full of people that I had just met, but thanks to my concussion, the only drink that I had all night was a champagne at midnight to celebrate the new year. It must have taken til 1am to get around and wish everyone a happy new year and get big hugs from everyone. It was very different for NYE but it was a nice night.
 Today, for New Years day all of the family are coming back for another big dinner so the house is gonna fill up with people again very soon. Tomorrow, we head into the city for a very busy day.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: