Day 27: Still hanging out in Dearborn

Trip Start May 25, 2010
Trip End Jul 03, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Michigan
Sunday, June 20, 2010

After my writing last night I realized there was one slightly funny story from the reception that I forgot to tell you. You see I was sitting at the "kids" table. Well, the table of kids in my age range who were not in the wedding party. There was one guy sitting there, next to me actually, who I did not know and he did not seem to know any of the other people either. I tried to talk to him a few times but he didn't seem to realize and so I would just look at my friend, Heather, on the other side of him and we would laugh. Then one time he did realize I was talking to him. So I tried to start talking about cars because he said he wanted to be a mechanic. He said he liked American Muscle cars so I was like cool we could get along. So I asked if he liked the Challenger, which I am in love with. He said not really because he doesn't like Dodge and usually just likes GM and some other company. After that, I didn't try to talk to him anymore. He shouldn't have said he liked American muscle cars because he was missing the best ones - my Mustang and my future Challenger. Oh well. It was his loss.

Anyways, today we had to get up early to get ready for a breakfast brunch with the families of the Bride and Groom. We got there before 10 and got to start a new table for just our family. Becky and dad arrived a little later to join us. Becky was all in a jean jacket and looking all cool because they were going to pick up Jake after. I had to wear a dress, mom made me. But breakfast was very good and the bridesmaids ended up coming to sit with us so we got to talk to them. It was nice to chat.

After that, Dad and Becky headed to the airport. On the way out, they ran into the bride and groom checking out of the hotel. Apparently they were rather awkward and didn't go for dad's idea to go see everyone at the brunch. I'm glad I didn't run into them because I would feel rather awkward myself.

Meanwhile, mom and me enjoyed sitting outside. When the pick-up crew arrived back with Jake we walked around looking for the brunch people to introduce him. Mom had the brilliant sneaky idea to wait in the lobby so we could catch them as they were checking out. It worked! We ran into Mr. Curtis and he went to get the girls for us. So Jake got to meet Sharon, Miranda, and Danielle. Then Becky and Sharon chatted while Jake looked on and I talked to Miranda and Danielle. We had a lovely chat and then they realized that they probably should check out and we headed out for lunch.

For lunch, we went to an Italian restaurant that was nice and fancy. The bread and salads were very delicious. I had some spaghetti that was also yummy but a bit spicier than I am used to so I wasn't able to eat too much. But everyone liked their food and I think we would consider going back.

After that, Dad along with Becky and Jake headed back home. Me and mom considered going to the pool or Greenfield village but instead we went to the mall at Fair lane Town Center. Me and Mom were in the minority here so even some stores we usually shop at didn't have things we liked. But we had fun and got some nice shoes and I got a couple shirts that were on sale. By the time we left, the tired-ness had set in so we headed back to the hotel.

When we got back I learned that my Internet was no longer working. I don't really know why. So I was going to go to the lounge and text-ed Dad and he said he would take me to Greenfield village. Yay! But then we got there and it was closed. Sad day. But then we drove around to the Henry Ford Estate which I had never seen. It has 56 rooms and the power was put in by Edison. It was closing so we didn't do a tour but we did read the sign.

Then we went back to find mom still napping. Now, we are in the Lounge where I can get Internet. Apparently it was put in for a group staying in one of the colonial houses. So I don't know if I am really supposed to be using it. But it's working here and no one told me not to use it so I am going to keep writing. It is very nice here. Dad is enjoying all the food and mom just came to join us and have some too. We also got to hear a very surprising finding about how technology is lowering out attention span. Personally, I was not surprised.

The plan for the rest of the day, is to go get some soup for Panera and then go to sleep early. I need to get some rest to be able to drive back to Columbus, OH tomorrow. The pictures are still on the way. Maybe they will be up tomorrow or later tonight. I hope I am not missing any important stories but I'm sure I can fill you in later. I am still working on my code stuff - well I think I am going to send it now and just see what happens. I have some more jobs I should be applying for but I have been working on this code so I haven't done it yet. Please keep praying that God brings the right opportunity to me and soon so  can get a home and move in and all that fun stuff. Thank you for your continued support by reading my blog. The fact that the count goes up makes me happy.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Rebekah on

I'm praying you get gainful employment!!!! But you have to admit, the displacement road trip has been a little fun....atleast it's fun for me to read about

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: