Day 25: Driving home, well to Detroit

Trip Start May 25, 2010
Trip End Jul 03, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Michigan
Friday, June 18, 2010

After my last writing, I was able to finish up my first project just as Karyn called me because she was done her shift. So it worked out perfectly and I headed out to her house. Once there, we decided we wanted to go see a movie and drove right back to the place I had been. We saw the movie "Killers" with Ashton Kutcher and that blond girl from 27 dresses. It was cute but not really a chick flick or a comedy as it was advertised. It was more action and gross dead people. But I would see it again at the dollar theater although I don't know if it would be worth buying.

This morning, we began the day with a late breakfast at Bob Evans. This is when I remembered that yesterday I drove past the Bob Evans Farm. It was very exciting. But I didn't go because I didn't want to see the chickens that were soon to be in my pot pie.

After breakfast, I said good bye to Karyn and her mom and I headed out to the open road. Today's drive was slightly more interesting than yesterday's because I had to change roads more often. I was making good time and didn't end up stopping for lunch until after Bowling Green. I was going to stop in Bowling Green but then I got there and there wasn't a subway so I kept driving. But then there was nothing for like 15 minutes. Well it seemed like a long time anyways. Finally I saw a sign for a subway so I went even though I didn't know what town I was in. I was blinded by my hunger. So I had a sub and talked to my family. It was delicious. Then I hit the road again. The next exit there was a Bass Pro Shop. I contemplated stooping but I resisted. I could still stop on the way back but I shouldn't.

Then I got stuck in traffic for what seemed like about 3 times how long I have been alive so far. I used this time to empty one of my tote bags and then fill it with stuff I wanted to bring in like presents for my parents and some clothes and panda and some souvenirs. Then the rest of the time I just sat being bored. Finally, I decided to press the detour button on Daniel. I realized this is a miraculous thing. He told me to get off at the next exit, I took it and turned down this deserted road right beside the highway where there was no stopped traffic and it took me all the way down to the road I was trying to get to. It was amazing. When I began the day, Daniel told me I would arrive at 2:58 by the end it was at 4:15. Since I didn't take too long to eat, that means that traffic and construction on every single road in the world added 1 hour to my time. It was kind of upsetting. But what can you do. On one of these boring times, I remembered something hilarious I heard on the radio yesterday. Apparently now they make doggy high chairs that clip to the edge of your table. You strap your dog in so they can eat right there with the family. You can order them online for like 50 dollars. I find it very odd and disturbing. I don't really want to have to see the dog eating its food while I am eating my food. Oh well, I guess if there are people that have no family and love their dog lots they might want it there to talk to. Maybe I will build a high chair for Crabby so he can eat with me. Maybe not.

Anyways, after I got to the hotel I realized it was very fancy. I believe my car is the least valuable car here. It's not the oldest but all the older ones are very well taken care of and very shinny. None of them are stuffed with clothes and have dead flower petals strewn through them. Oh well, I parked at the back so I won't embarrass the hotel. I feel like everyone here was thinking to themselves "What is she doing here?" (in British snooty voice) as I drove up and walked in with my beach bag with panda bear sticking out. But that's OK because it seems nice and safe.

I checked in and called my papa. He headed over to meet me and we went out for a nice dinner. I had some chicken pasta and this "Shark Fin" dessert which was a giant brownie with a wedge of ice cream on top and lots of whipped cream. Dad enjoyed some swordfish and key lime pie. I told him I saw a live swordfish just a few days ago. I don't think it was the same one.

Then we drove around and looked at the area a little bit. We also explored the hotel a bit. It is very pretty and even has houses you can rent at the back. Each one has its own picket fence. We also found where they have breakfast and dinner so I know where to get food. I also learned that this hotel was the first airport hotel and was built by Henry Ford for people that came in at the Ford Airport. So that was interesting.

Now, Daddy has gone home and so I am supposed to be working on my other project. I am hoping it won't be too hard and I can finish it tonight and then spend tomorrow at the Henry Ford instead of staying inside working. I don't really think that will happen. Oh well its a nice thought.

OK I am off to work. I hope I will have some exciting wedding stories to tell you tomorrow. Good night!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: