Day 16: Lynchburg, VA

Trip Start May 25, 2010
Trip End Jul 03, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Barb's house

Flag of United States  , Virginia
Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I woke up this morning at the Briggs house but now I am going to sleep at the Clairs. When I got up, I had never been to a job interview. Now, I have been interviewed by 5 people at the same time. It was a very exciting day.

I began the day by eating a muffin then trying to pack up a fair amount of my stuff into the car. I thought I was doing good until I remembered how much other stuff I still had in the house. Then I went to the chiropractor and got my back all fixed up. He had to do the horrible twisting my neck thing. He does it every time but every time I hope he will forget and not do it. Oh well. Then I went back to the Briggs and got all interview ready. I ate another muffin for lunch (I was worried too much else wouldn’t sit too well on my nervous stomach), read over the job descriptions and what I should tell them about myself, I did my hair and makeup and I sat around nervously waiting for Tammy to come and help me iron. However, about half an hour before I had to leave, I decided it was best if I did my own ironing. This was not really a good idea. The iron kept spitting water and trying to attack me and my clothes. Thankfully, Tammy arrived while I was finishing up and made it all look much better. She was really a life saver.

So then I got everything all packed up and miraculously fit it in my car. Although it is important to note that my box of scrap booking stuff is in the front seat and so my hand scratches against it while changing between drive and reverse. So, that is not really very good but I didn’t know what else to do.

As I began to drive, I was praying to God about the impending interview about how I was trusting Him and He knew what was best. Then, I pulled out and they were painting the lines on the road so everyone was stopped. I started freaking out and tried to use Daniel to find an alternate route but Daniel couldn’t find any satellites. But then I got past that and kept driving along and I thought it was going to be ok. Then, I saw a whole line of school busses and then more pulled out in front. I was very worried about being late by this point. In total I saw at least 20 school busses (I am not exaggerating).

So then I arrived at North campus. I was about to park in a lot to the side but it had a big red sign saying the parking was enforced all year so I drove over near LaHaye thinking I could cross through to get inside. Then I remembered I am no longer a student so they might not let me through. So I had to walk around outside. Thankfully it was very nice out albeit rather windy.

Inside, I found the office without problem and went in for the interview. The one guy led me to a conference room where 2 other people were waiting to also interview me. Then 2 more came and joined. Then later on in the interview the head boss of IT development called the other guy and said he wanted to see me so I got to go meet him too. So it was very exciting. I think it went well. They seemed to like me. I should find out more in a few days and then have a final answer in not too long.

After that I headed to Panera to get a snack and chat on the phone. Once there, I ran into Dr. Kelly. So I sat with him and we chatted and then Dr. Fowler came who used to teach Andrew Hebrew so I got to meet him and chat with him for a bit. Then I went and met Barb and Lindsay at Kohl’s and we went to Target. Then we dropped Lindsay at church while me and Barb ran an important errand at Walmart. Barb had bought the small Cricket and had decided that she was not satisfied with letters that size and needed to return it and buy the big one. While we were there, and I was on the phone talking about my interview, I ran into one of my interviewers. It was rather awkward especially since I was talking about him and he may have heard me. But I was just describing what happened. He was buying a Hello Kitty scooter. I wish I could use this information to help me get a job.

Then we got Lindsay and I dropped off some money with my old roommates then we headed back to have some dinner. Barb made a lovely roast chicken and some twice baked potatoes. I had never had my potatoes baked twice before but it was rather delicious. Then Tom (Mr. Clair) was very anxious to get off to Dairy Queen. Apparently, they had not gone in a while and this Dairy Queen is the best one in the world. So, we drove out to Appomatox and each got a Blizzard from Dairy Queen. They were very yummy! It was also funny because the small road that the Dairy Queen was on was called DQ lane. I took a picture but I will put it up on the blog later since they have dial up and I want to go to sleep within the next few hours.

So now it is off to sleep to get prepared for a hard day of “scrapping” tomorrow. I need all the energy for using the new Cricket. Well actually I will need energy to bring all my scrapbook stuff in from the car.

So to review, I had a very successful day job interviewing and eating ice cream. Tomorrow I will recover from the shock that I was interviewed by 5 people at the same time by scrap booking. I miss my mommy because she wasn’t home when I called today.

Dear Mommy, I am sorry my phone has no signal. I will call home soon. I love you. Love, Kylie.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Rebekah on

yayyy! glad the interview went well

funny, hello kitty scooter??

i once saw my arch nemesis english teacher at walmart...he was buying candy land...i also was curious about how i could use this information to my benefit....i never thought of anything

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: