My big fat Greek disaster

Trip Start Jan 20, 2010
Trip End May 15, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Greece  , Cyclades,
Monday, May 10, 2010

Day seven: Chad and I were have such a wonderful time on our vacation we decided to end the trip with a bang. We hired a private jet to fly us back to Athens, we even had the car drive us right onto the tarmac and had another car waiting for us when we got their to wisk us to a "spa". At this Spa they serve you all your meals in bed and are at your service 24/7. O wait that's what we both wished happened. Instead, around 415 in the morning I woke up in sever pain and was rushed to the hospital. The Santorini hospital is a good 60 years behind the times. They don't even have x-ray machines, a surgery team or a place to perform operations. The first doctor we met with said we should go to the airport, book a seat on a commercial airline and go to the hospital in Athens. He also though nothing was wrong with me. When I told him I thought it was my appendix he had no idea what it was. He figured a little fresh air and fuilds would do to the trick to cure me. It wasn't until I started throwing up blood and my urine test came back with traces of blood did he call the head doctor just to be safe enough he thought everything would be ok. When the second doctor came in and realized what was wrong I was medivaked/airlifted to Athens. On the way to meet the helicopter, the drivers and doctors stopped at a supermarket to pick up coffee and water. It was not a helicopter but a small private jet transformed with a gurney for me to rest on. The flight was 30 minutes long and were met at the airport by another ambulance and I was in surgery with in 45 minutes of landing in Athens for remove my appendix. My aunt and uncle who living in Athens met us at the hospital. The surgery took about an hour start to finish. While they prepped me for surgery, they took my cartilage piercing out causing it to close up. I will remain in the hospital until Thursday, than ill go back with Ted and Rena and stay with them until I am able to fly back to Cyprus to take my exams. After my surgery and Chad knew I was going to be ok, he flew back to Cyprus and than back to Boston. What a way to end a vacation... 
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: