Last day in the USA

Trip Start Nov 17, 2010
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , California
Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It has been a long day. I woke up this morning at about 9:30. We had to pack as we were leaving at 11. I managed to get a quick chat in with my parents before paying $10 to put our bags in the luggage room and heading out. We only really had one plan today, that was to go on the stars homes tour. When we got there we realized that we couldn't actually go on the tour till two, so we headed off to get some lunch first.
We wondered around for a while before we found somewhere. The weather was still wet but we were alot drier than yesterday with our umbrellas. Plus now we had sussed out the subway there was no long walk down Hollywood Blvd. Eventually we ended up yet again at Mel's drive in. We had eaten here once before when we were in Universal. It was a totally different menu though. Alot of home style dishes compare to the fast food burgers at the other one. It was a nice place though the decor was fun, 1950's through out. I love America dinners. I feel like I'm in Grease.
On our way back to the tour as it was coming up to 2. We stopped a few times to take pictures on the Hollywood walk of fame. I was fun standing in the foot steps of the likes of Johnny Dept and Donald duck. The tour we were taking was with Star line. We had been told earlier today by another sale person form another tour that they give out false information. I don't know if this is true, we felt like it was alittle bit cruel to tell us this when we are already booked on and can't get a refund. I thought the tour was fine though. The tour guide did say that she wouldn't give us any false info as she didn't think it was fair. I can only assume she was trying to reassure us after the rumours. Looking at the house was fascinating, not really because they had famous people living in them but more because they were so nice. We saw Justin Timberlake, the Beckhams and Micheal Jackson's last house. Though are just the ones i was interested in really. There were alot of people we wouldn't know as we are English.
The tour said it included a trip up closer to the Hollywood sign which we were quite excited about. The weather hadn't really let us see the sign yet. It has been way to foggy. I did get one picture which you may notice. Its bit like where wally though, so i might need to label it. Turns out though you couldn't even see it from way up in the mountains, which was disappointing. Its not lit up or anything as it would cost to much due to its size. It's OK though as we are already making plans to head back here to come to Disneyland and universal. There is alot more to LA i think that what we have had chance to see. I would have love to have gone to Santa Monica but they weather just wasn't right. It was mentioned that the tour would go there but turns out it didn't. I bet LA would be alot better when the sun is shinning.
Which all the fin in the USA now sort of over it was time to head to the airport. We didn't really know how we were going to get there and no one seemed to be able to help us. So we headed to union square where we had heard there maybe a bus, luckily i was right and there was. So with very little effort we were on our way. Unfortunately though as we didn't know it was going to be so early we were 5 hours early for our flight. We managed to check in OK and we chose to walk past all the restaurants through security. Thinking about London, we thought all the good places would be by the gates. Turns out we were wrong though There was a sign saying restaurants that we followed but it was wrong it actually meant restaurant. It was OK though we had a panini, i did some colouring. Then we went and sat but the gate. It was weird as the flight before ours still hadn't gone. So we could play the game guess who's going to OZ. It made us feel really foreign sitting in an American airport. All around us were either Americans going on holiday or Australians going home. I was just saying to Nicky before she went off to the toilet i bet we are the only English people on the plane. You can imagine my surprise when the next person that spoke to me said "Is any one sitting there?" in a plain British accent. We got talking then, there was 3 people all about our age. 2 boys 1 girl from Kent. They had just done a similar trip around America and were heading to Oz for 7 weeks before continuing there travels. This was very bizarre. We hadn't had contact with any one English since we were in Orlando and even then we were just over hearing people on the bus.
Anyway though i am on the plane now. It has been quite smooth so far. The guy on our row is lovely, keeps offering us sweets, which is nice. It turns out it is a just under 14 hour flight. I have been to sleep for 5 hours of it which was a pleasant surprise when i woke up. I have to admit i am feeling quite nervous about arriving in Sydney. I hoping all goes smooth at the airport. I don't like the idea of having to look for a job. This time has gone by to quickly for my liking. I now need to focus and think about phones, banks and tax. All the fun i will be having will hopefully counteract that though. Apparently there has been thunderstorms in Sydney this week. That should be fun, i gave my umbrella away at the airport. It will be warmer though so that's a bonus. We might welcome the rain you never know. Anyway I'm going to go and watch Despicable me. I have already seen it but keep zoning out. I still have no idea what it is about.
peace out for the tube in the sky.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: