How many states can you go through in 24 hours?

Trip Start Nov 17, 2010
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
coach 111

Flag of United States  , New York
Sunday, November 21, 2010

Today was the day we set out on our big trip from New York down to Orlando Florida. Didn't get much sleep last night as we went out for a drink, but yet i was very awake at the thought of heading to my dream destination Flo-rida. The day got off to an amusing start when Nicky interrupted my going to Florida dance to inform me that there had been a mouse in our room that night, it had been eating a kitkat that it had found in one of our bags. We investigated the situation further and found that we had no idea where it had gone or how it came in but we did know that it had made an attempt at eating all my supplies left over from the plane.

So with all the half eaten food in the bin and bags packed and then repacked checking for vermin, we set off to check out. This wasn't as easy as we first thought, after wondering about the building looking for signs of life we were soon joined by other trying to achieve the same goal. With no luck we eventually had to give in and trust our keys in the hands of others, who kindly reimbursed us the $10 deposit with the hope the would get it back when they chose to show up. We had to leave because we had a coach to catch at 11.

Deciding to jump in a taxi, we were there in plenty of time but were surprised to see a huge queue already forming an 1 hour and 15mins before departure. Feeling a little down hearted we choose to get some food and join the queue after, convinced that there was noway we were going to get on that coach. To our surprise thought the coach loaded at 10 and sure enough we did get on 1 hour early! We had managed to get on an early coach, this raised our spirits as it meant we would have a better chance of getting on the other coaches booked that day. Little did we know we had a lot to learn about the American Greyhounds way of working.

The first leg of our trip was to Washington DC. This was very pleasant, me and Nicky were not able to sit together but with an ipod for company, everything was going great. Half way through our trip we stopped off at a little highway rest point which was cute. It was a nice relaxing ride on which i was fascinated but the state number plates on cars.

By the time we reached Washington we were rearing to go. Thinking we were an hour early we jumped at the next coach heading to Richmond VA. I thought at this point things were going fine we had be traveling for just over 4 1/2 hours, about the longest we would normally have to endure back home and were still feeling that we could conquer the world. ME and Nick sat about for this section of the trip. I sat and organized all my photos and checked all my blogs waiting to be published. Stopping occasionally to stare out the window at the changing landscape as we headed down south.

As it started to get dark the tiredness crept in. Taking advantage of having to seat to myself i tried my hardest to sleep but as it was still early i didn't not succeed. \when we arrived in Richmond the groggy feeling was starting to kick in. Noticing a restaurant, we popped in for a bite to eat. I had Chicken which would have been amazing if i had not have thought that the coffee pot was ketchup, although coffee flavored chips are that bad. Heading back into the terminal we were down hearted to discover that our efforts to arrive early had been stopped, the next scheduled coach to Fayetteville NC was the one we were supposed to be on with meant a 2 hour wait in departures. I felt i should used the time wisely and update my scrap book i have been keeping with my tickets and other memorabilia. Nicky joined me, we were being watched the whole time by a young kid with her mother, who had got on the coach in VA. We got talking and playing with cuddly toys which Nicky had in her bag and soon attracted another little boy, who joined us in our play. This past the time nicely and we were soon on our way.

Our next stop was Raleigh NC, I had been trying to sleep but still had not yet really succeeded. By now i was just sitting staring hopelessly out of the window, wishing it was light so i could a least be amused by the extravagant America way. My bag was take off the coach at this point and when i asked way i was told that it needed to have a label on it. I headed in to the terminal to find a label but couldn't find what i was being asked to do. So in a grumpy mood that this was happening to me and not Nicky who's bag also didn't have a label. I attempted to put my bag back on the coach, only to be yelled by a guy who thought i was trying to get it off. Having put it on i apologized to the man and walk off confused. During this rest break i was also told that America wasn't worth traveling and embarrassed my self trying to buy a drink from a vending machine with dollar bills. Its not as easy as it sounds when you are just to slotting pound coins.

Getting back on the bus i was joined by an old man next to me, we both proceeded with our quest to sleep...
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: