Boracay Island - The Return

Trip Start Jan 13, 2007
Trip End Jan 28, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of Philippines  , Visayas,
Tuesday, January 23, 2007

After Ati Atihan, we decided to stay around Lezo for a couple of days, just to relax. We visited the market, an the pottery again, and took a walk to the town cemetery, where we saw some gruesome sights! We did some shopping in Kalibo, where the after party mess was huge!

Wednesday morning we took the bus to Boracay again. We did the goodbyes with the family and off we went!

We stayed at the same hotel, but this time no reunion people and no family, so it was just the two of us. Many of the staff remembered us from the previous week, including Ernesto. The kids who work that hotel work tremendous hours, being there when we get up in the morning, and back by dinner to work through the evening at the bar.

The weather continued to be beautiful. After we got settled we took at trip over to Bulabog beach, not as nice as white beach but still nice. Very windy, so it is the beach favoured by parasailers and windsurfers. We went out to an island there to get pics of the beach from the island.

First night we ate dinner on the beach, and I had a great plate of ribs! We sat out at the outdoor bar at La Carmella and had a few drinks.

Next day we went back shopping at d'mall and decided there to go to Mt. Luho. Allan negotiated with a tricycle driver for the trip there, and off we went. The road up to the mountain had been affected by the rains during the typhoon. It was rough, it was bare and it was steep; the tricycle had much trouble getting up the hill and the driver had to gun it full blast more than once. To complicate matters more than once we met downward traffic, some on horseback, some in ATV's...Scariest ride I was ever on!

The mountain was pretty cool, pics are here, great views around the island, a little zoo, and a scary lookout tower!

Almost dark by the time we returned, so we had a quick dinner, and more drinks on the patio. We did have coffee and crepes on the beach at our favourite little beach site coffee shop as well.

Up early the next morning to pack, do some last minute shopping, as our stay was coming to a close. After a last swim in the warm blue water, we headed to the jetty to catch the boat back to the mainland, and the plane to Manila.

Once we got to the port we had to take a 10 minute tricycle ride to the airport, and then again security outside. Perhaps because of the number of tourists, security was pretty tight. As we were lined up, we noticed that they were carefully checking the passports of all passengers. However, when we got to the front of the line, once they saw our Canadian Passports, they let us right through.
Catlican is a pretty small airport but it still took a minute to figure out what line to get in to check in. We were flying Asian Spirit, a small local airline. All the staff had these great tshirts, I tried to buy one, but they would not sell to me, for security reasons. However as a consolation, they let me pass with luggage heavier than the limit for this plane.

So, now on the way back to Manila, and big city Philippines!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


starlagurl on

What beautiful photos
That sand and ocean looks idyllic, thanks for sharing! I'm glad you didn't get held up at security, it's always a relief to be 'waved through'.

Louise Brown
TravelPod Community Manager

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: