Full Clip: Reloaded

Trip Start Oct 01, 2006
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
falmouth resort
falmouth resort hotel

Flag of United States  ,
Sunday, November 11, 2007

A last minute decision got my lazy arse out of a hotel room to head down to "Full Clip: Reloaded".. I came up from ochi to check out Falmouths beautiful old buildings but after finding food, stopping at colombus park, checking in to the pricey falmouth resort hotel (3000jmd or 45usd) and showering it was too late to go on a little walking tour.. Coming to 9pm i was up for the glistening waters tour on a boat, but hunger got the better of me so blew that off aswell.. then by 11pm i was getting pretty bored of watching bbc news and there was nothing else worth watching on cable so headed out to discovery bay for the much hyped event down at peurto seco beach..

i got then pretty early for jamaican standards, nearly midnight.. and the place was pretty empty. i had bought a VIP ticket which cost $1500 jmd, which i wouldn't normally do but i was on my own, had my camera with me and thought if it gets too rammed i can slip into the vip area up front.. so before it started i wondered around for a bit checking out the food stands, the stage getting set up and of course the ladies.. the selector came on, played some tunes and the place started filling up.. by about 2.00pm some smaller breaking artists had a go on stage, the first girl i felt sorry for as the selector couldn't find the riddim she asked for but she told the crowd she'd go on anyway.. the selector stopped the beat a couple of bars in so she was left acapelling, the crowd turn on her booing and clapping her to get off early, i thought the crowd were too mean as the dj was really at thought...

I entered the vip area about the time Charlie blacks got the girls enjoying themselves with his dutty lyrics 'backshot time' and 'buddy inna ya pum pum' which was at 3am.. the organisers decided to break off and go back to the decks and play some tunes.. the crowd obviously wanted to see the big named acts that they'd come and paid for.. at 3.55am the organisers were started to take this piss and the crowd knew it.. first an empty can was thrown on stage, a couple more.. and the glass bottles.. the stage crew scattered for their lives, within seconds shitloads of bottles were smashing on stage, the crowd had fled the area and the sound crews had dismantled there equipment there most valuable equipment and hid..

the bottles went on crashing down on stage for about ten minutes, then i heard a big comotion at the corner of the park.. ninja man had arrived and was getting out of his car to come and perform.. on the other side of the park a couple of gun shots ran out but ninja man carried on walking towards the stage like the pied piper with a large crowd in tow.. the bottle throwers showed their respect for ninjaman because as soon as he steeped on stage the bottles stopped and the crowd came back around the stage. Because of all what went on the mike and speakers or decks weren't wired up anymore, ninjaman told the crowd to be patience for the engineers to re-set up everything then he'd perform.. he left the stage to give the engineers space and then the bottle throwers and gun shots recommenced..

at 4:15 beenie man arrived this time came on stage to a heros welcome he immediatly broke into accapellas trying to appease the crowd, the chaos nearly started up again as he went to the side of the stage to fix the mic. a can was thrown but he swithced back to tell them to stop.. he could have easily had walk off and that would have been it but faced the crowd and started off again on a crackly microphone.. Ninjaman and Capleton came on stage to join him and the party really started rocking and the crowd managed to get about an hours worth of decent entertainers performing... the shows organisers must have to give nuff respect and credit to ninjaman and beenie for saving the show and for walking on stage whilst glass bottles are being thrown and guns being let off, true heroes..

After their set had finished beeine told the crowd he'd finished and to hold on for the next set, the crowd slowly scattered and i took it as a good time to leave before any more foolishness went on.. The next day was wasted due to a hangover, tiredness and rain so didn't get to tour falmouth again.. the today sunday i was woken but some real loud thunderstorm overhead and saw falmouth and today a total washout.. i headed back to ochi and here had it even worse and the town was totally flooded.. i have 5 days keft before cuba so may give Falmouth one more try...
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: