Oneriri 28th Dec 07 - 1st Jan 08

Trip Start Jun 11, 2007
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of New Zealand  ,
Saturday, December 29, 2007

This week was crazy at the Farm, it wasn't a normal working week. There was always a house full of family friends visiting and poor Meryl was constantly arranging meals and entertaining folk. I did some weeding in the drive, some cleaning and various other tasks including getting the cottage ready for the next guests (the last guests were a couple and had managed to use every plate, cup, pan & piece of cutlery in the place and not even switched on the dish-washer, and they had used both double-bed rooms!). Robert spent most of his time assisting Wayne or Tony with various tasks.

We had rather long lunches, as we were invited to join the family and whichever guests were there that day and it was a really sociable and pleasant time. The dinners (as usual) were splendid and Wayne continued to regal us with "what was good / bad for you" and forcing us to consume beer / wine. (We're never going to loose weight at this rate)

Jane, Stephen and Barney left, although Jane said that her and Stephen would be back up at some time. Meryl's friend Leigh came to help her out and stayed for a while, she was nice. She has invited us to go visit her and have a look at her house. Apparently it's stunning and her husband made all the furnishings inside it.

New Years eve they don't have a party, rather a quite evening, with (more) good food and drink and there were just a couple of other friends there. We sat and watched the Royal Variety Performance (which was strange to be watching in NZ) then an Elton John concert until mid-night when we all got up and hugged each other. I got a few texts from home, which was really nice as it was still 2007 there. Then Robert and I excused ourselves and turned in.

Wayne & Meryl were having a New Years day party. They had loads of friends come up to the farm (one even arrived in a small helicopter, which he parked in one of the paddocks near to the house, very swish!). It was a nice time, although we didn't know anyone, most people made the effort to talk to us. Wayne did a spit-hogget again which was yum.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: