Bangor, Maine - 2nd July 2007

Trip Start Jun 11, 2007
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of United States  , Maine
Wednesday, July 4, 2007

We left Boston in rather a rush, we were trying to book somewhere to stay in Bangor and it was proving a little difficult.  We found a place called Howard Johnson (HoJo's), a hotel chain. It was pretty basic but was a double bed, own bathroom and had an internet connection and was $85, bit more thatn we're used to but we didn't have a lot of choice.  The bus ride was uneventful, and we got checked in.

The countryside we passed through to get here was really nice and the town has really cute wooden houses.

Once checked in we discovered that the only internet pc they had was broken! Panic!! we arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia at mid-night the following day and needed to book somewhere to stay!  The only option we had was to walk to the hotel next door and see if they had a hotel there (HoJo's didn't).  Unfortunately it was a Marriott, and yes they booked us a room... $236 (inc tax) and get this... it didn't include breakfast!! robbing barstuards... I was disgusted, at the HI hostel in Boston we got bagels for breakfast! anyway we really didn't have a lot of choice!

We retired to the HoJo's bar, and were further frustrated by being asked for ID, I had to stomp all the way back to our room to get my passport!  This inconveinience was made up for when after ordering a pint and a gin & tonic (which was served in a pint glass, about 2/3 gin!) we were charged $8,  $8! I was getting pissed tonight!  We met some really nice folk in the bar, they were locals and were really friendly, one lady had a little dog called Gizmo who fell asleep on me, cute.  After my second drink I was deffinately slurring my words and struggling to focus, I made Robert get us some food (we'd not eaten since lunch time). After 2 mouthfulls of chilli I needed to be escorted back to our room, where Robert left me to sleep it off, with a bin next to me.  Apparently I was staggering a lot and talking rubbish.

The next thing I remember is waking up feeling fine the following morning.  However, Robert tells it slightly differently....

After putting me to bed and leaving the bin "just in case" he asked if I was ok and went back to the bar.  I'm normally ok and just sleep it off, however when he got back to the room I had been superbly sick in the bin and on my mobile I'd managed to type "help" but failed to send it....when he asked me if I was okay I just did a silly grin.. of course he had to capture my shame on camera (why do I love him?) I'm sure you don't want to see the photo's, but Rob insisted they went on (I will have revenge at some point).

The following morning we had a lovely breakfast and got the bus to Halifax, Nova Scotia.  The journey was long but ok, we had the bus driver from hell, who was so rude to everyone.  The border crossing into Canada was easy and we got our passports stamped.  We eventally in Halifax at 11.45pm and got a taxi to the Marriott Hotel.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: