Finally I get to go back...

Trip Start Feb 24, 2010
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , California
Sunday, May 22, 2011

I finished packing at about 11:00 am. The kids decided to stay home, but Pasha came to the airport with me. It was hard to say goodbye to the kids; I wish they were going with me. The semester's been tough with all the time I've had to spend doing stuff for school.

DH dropped me off at LAX in front of the AirFrance terminal. Of course, it was difficult saying goodbye to him as well. I will be very happy when we can go to our French house together.

I had a Premiere Voyageur seat, so I got to go through the priority line...once I found it. I had checked in online, but still had to check my bag. When I checked in, my seat was changed from 21A to 9G. I wasn't sure why or what that meant though. I should have asked, but I didn't really take notice until I was already in the security line.

That line was pretty short too, but it helped that there was a priority line there as well. I went through without a hitch and made my way to the gate. I sat down and made a couple of phone calls. While on the second one, I'd swear they called me to the desk. When I went up there, she said they hadn't called me, but I could go to the VIP Lounge. Right on.

I went upstairs to the little lounge and called DH. I think he was a wee bit jealous that I got to go to the lounge, since he didn't get to when he flew Premiere Voyageur. We figured I must have been upgraded to Business Class (Affaires). I looked at a couple of magazines and made myself a gin and diet 7-up until my flight was called.

I got in my seat which was not a window seat, but, hey, it was on the aisle, and I had tons of room. No complaints about the lack of window. They served us orange juice (or champagne) before we even left the gate--gotta love that! Then they brought pretty smelling warm, damp towels. Then puff pastries with foie gras, and I had some bordeaux.

I had guinea hen for dinner with a delicious salad, bread and French butter, cheeses, and of course more bordeaux. For dessert I had some darjeeling tea and a trio of petite desserts: a little lemon square, a strawberry macaron, and a chocolate and cream mousse square. Yumm!

After dinner I wanted to go to bed, but I couldn't go to the bathroom because of the turbulence. They were really anal about it. The whole plane could have peed their pants before they would have let us go. I ended up putting my seat all the way flat and going to sleep for a little bit anyway. I think it was a good hour later before the turned the seatbelt sign off.

Then I finally took my contacts out and probably slept another two hours before the lights were on and they were ready to serve breakfast. I couldn't believe it. According to my watch it was 3:00 am. Ugggghhhh. I wasn't hungry, so I had some tea, orange juice and a mini croissant. The breakfasts looked really good though.

...continued next entry
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: